Another Kickstand Thread

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up kickstands again but......

Does anybody know if a kickstand from a cbr600rr or a cbr1000rr will fit onto a 6th gen please. By fit I mean onto the 6th gen mounting bracket and retain the switch.

Due to yet another illness I have had to lower my bike to keep me riding and even though I have lowered/shortened my kickstand I would like to fit an aftermarket stand. All the aftermarket ones I can find specifically for the 6th gen are out of my price range as my illness has forced me to retire early so money is in short supply. There are many options for adjustable kickstands for other Hondas at sensible prices but the VFR ones seem incredibly expensive.

I have seen ones for the bikes I mentioned previously as fitting both models of CBR even though on the Honda microfiches the two bikes stands have different part numbers

Cheer Guys (and Gals)

D.E.D.

2. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Not sure whether I can exactly answer all of that. The sidestand switches are completely standard across a lot of Hondas so I am confident that will be no issue, and likewise the pivot bolt would be similar. I have got a CBR1000RR sidestand on my VTR1000F, funnily enough because I raised my suspension and the old stand was in danger of letting the bike tip over, and the CBR stand is longer. The CBR stand fitted straight on, the sidestand bracket needed some filing so that the stand extended forwards far enough to lock down. Let me know if you need any measurements.

3. FightingChance

FightingChance New Member

Perhaps a local metalworking shop ('shoppe') could take a couple cm's out of the stock stand and weld it back together.

4. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

United Kingdom
    Map
    I did say in my post that I had already shortened my kickstand, I took 25mm out of it, but I would like to fit an aftermarket one instead. I have now ordered an aftermarket CBR600 Adjustable stand. I checked on the Honda microfiche and the kickstand spring is the same part number for that as for my 07 VFR, so that should be ok. The top end may need a bit of fettling to fit but that shouldn't be a problem.

5. Dead Eye Dick AKA Carpy

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi Guys,

Bit of an update, here's the kickstand I ordered. It came this morning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Adjustable-Kickstand-Side-Stand-Black-Fit-2003-2015-HONDA-CBR600RR-PC37-PC40-/281813985064?hash=item419d6c2728:g:5LYAAOSwNgxWC~a4

It is listed as fitting a CBR600, but it fitted straight into my original mounting bracket, just had to drill a small hole on the back of the stand to take the tab of the switch to make sure it worked properly, took about 5 mins.

It is good quality and only 1/4 of the price of others I have seen which are specifically for a VFR

Happy Days

D.E.D.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016