A 4th just for the sake of...

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by RVFR, Jun 27, 2016.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    .......they are getting harder to find in this condition, no matter where you are. So thought because I know these bikes and that someone here may know of one looking. This looks to be a real gem. If this thread needs moved please do, just wanted to share what looks to be a exceptional version of the 4th gen. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/5651628627.html

2. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    You know, I concur, BUT

It seems the 3rd and 4th gen have fallen out of favor due to age. The one you pointed out and mine are cherry, BUT, its not the latest and greatest.

I had a guy offer me HALF my asking price on my cherry 3rd gen with a ton of extras, and he thought he was doing me a favor. I just don't know anymore.

Larry

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yea I don't get it how folks don't see these as be great bikes for the money. I know that's a hurdle for sure. I feel it's a case most folks looking at the VFRs have no idea what the VFR was like before hand. but those that do have no problem when price right as this one. All one can do is pass an opportunity along. I know it would be in my garage had it been this time last year.

4. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    I find it hard to believe that this bike wouldn't be snapped up. Living in Canada, even having to pay about $600 Canadian more, it's a steal. It's got Race Tech and an Ohlins shock. I love my 1994 and with those suspension mods I'd rather have it than a new vfr800 which I rode but found disappointing.