Hello (VFR) World

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by vladk.ru, Jul 2, 2016.

1. vladk.ru

vladk.ru New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys, my name is Vlad. I've been using VFRworld's mechanic's garage pages as a resource for a while now, and I figured I'd introduce myself. I've been in love with the VFR since purchasing my first one (a 1991) back in early 2014. I rode around on that bike for over a year until I broke my collarbone (when I wrecked my other bike). I sold my VFR soon after that. Hearing the V4 ride away, I knew I was going to buy another one later. This "later" came earlier this year when I found a 1995 VFR in pristine condition for a great price. I've been loving every minute of her. The fourth get looks are fantastic (though I wish Honda would have taken it a little further in the NR750 direction), and I've been all over Northern California with her. Then, earlier this month, a good friend offered me an amazing deal on his 2002 VFR (which I've been bugging him about for the last year or so). Needless to say, I'm now the owner of two VFRs! Looking forward to spending time on here (and on the bikes, riding, a lot)!

Anyways, here are the pics (let's be honest, they're more interesting):

Here's my first VFR, a 1991. It was missing most of the fairings so my friend and I converted it to a street fighter look. I put about 6k miles on it, before selling it at 35k on the odo.
    IMG_2040.jpg

My second VFR, 1995, loaded up with bags. Headed up to Eureka with a friend (on his R100RS) for a weekend. The plan was to do Avenue of the Giants, Lost Coast, etc.
    P5070001.jpg
    P5070011.jpg
    P5080030.jpg
    P5080045.jpg

Some pics from a weekend Yosemite trip (Hwy 49, and a bunch of roads around there):
    IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg

The two VFRs together for the first time:
    IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg

Apologies for the picture-heavy post!

2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Hello, there! Beautiful motos and aweosme photos! LOVE photo heavy. :)

So, do you prefer one moto over the other? If so, why?

3. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome - I like the gold wheels in the first bike plus it looks like a righteous fighter build. The 4th gen looks great.

4. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    Vlad, welcome to the forum! Nice and neat streetfighter you had built. The 95 is truly beautiful.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Who converted the 1991 into a streetfighter again? Was is Knight, the OP and his friend or the mysterious streetfighter dood?

Sounds like maybe the OP...

"Here's my first VFR, a 1991. It was missing most of the fairings so my friend and I converted it to a street fighter look. I put about 6k miles on it, before selling it at 35k on the odo."

Fairing parts for a 1991 are a bitch to get.

6. gorillasnacks

gorillasnacks New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome Vlad! Awesome bikes, and great pics! :)

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice, off to a great start with photos ;) That 91 almost put the other two to shame, luckily the 4th gen can stand own it's own merits Nice. Good to see you on board.

8. vladk.ru

vladk.ru New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Honestly, I haven't really had a chance to ride them back to back. I just picked up the 6th gen yesterday and have only put on about 100 miles on it thus far. It definitely feels more refined than the 4th gen, but that makes sense since it's a much more modern bike. Both are very comfortable, but the 6th gen feels like it likes to corner a little more (most likely down to the higher helibars on the 4th gen). Engine-wise, I think the 4th gen has a better power band and it definitely feels better in the lower RPM range. The 6th gen meanwhile feels docile unless you give it the beans, and then it comes alive (especially when the rest of the valves kick in). Oh, and the sound is definitely better with the gear-driven cams!

Oh, and here's another pic from this morning's ride (this is on Treasure Island, San Francisco):
    IMG_2568.jpg