Oct 28th - 30th Texas Hill Country Rally (MSTA)

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Herricane, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Herricane

Herricane New Member

United States
    The Motorcycle Sport Touring Association is once again heading to the Hills ... the Texas Hill Country that is and YOUR INVITED!!!

[​IMG]

Texas hill Country Rally
    Y.O RANCH RESORT- KERRVILLE, TX
    OCTOBER 28-30, 2016
    http://www.planetReg.com/e3231240501079
    Motorcycle Sport Touring Association
    http://www.ridemsta.com/

WHERE: Host hotel is the Y.O. Ranch Hotel and Resort,
    2033 Sidney Baker, Kerrville, TX (Hwy. 16, just South of I-10)

RIDE ITINERARY: Detailed information for all activities, routes, restaurants, etc…will be provided for you at registration. Friday night rider meeting with hors d’oeuvres. Breakfast Sat. morning at Destination Cycles.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Call Toll Free, 1-877-967-3767. Call early for group rate of $90. Tell them you are with MSTA for the $90.00 room rate

T-SHIRTS: To guarantee your $20 rally shirt register online by October 5th. (www.planetreg.com)

[​IMG]

PRE-REGISTRATIONS: Register by October 7, 2016 and save $5. Late registration $40. Register at
    http://www.planetReg.com/E3231240501079

LATE REGISTRATION @ CHECK-IN: Host hotel lobby--Friday, 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Sat. 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM

RALLY FEES: $35 for members who pre-register on-line (last day to register on-line is Oct 7) fee includes banquet. New members pay rally fee and receive a one-year Membership in the MSTA, a $25 value FREE

HOST: Judi Malcom 469-879-2066
    E-mail: herricane615@att.net

Sponsors:
    YO Ranch Resort Hotel, Destination Cycles, Cycle Center of Denton, LegalSpeeding.com, Whitehorse Gear, Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop, MotoPumps.com, TxMotoFoto.com, RoadRUNNER Motorcycle TOURING & TRAVEL, AEROStich, Brad Mobley Amsoil, Kisan Electronicts/RideSafer, Cycle Gear, Autumn Riders, Motolight, MotorcycleGear, Ohlins USA, MotoLiberty Dallas

Come ride the “hillaceous” Three Twisted Sisters!​

2. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Why does it take me to "Motorcycle Superstore" when I click on "sport touring" in your post?

Looks cool though, thanks for the input.

3. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Takes you to Motorcycle Superstore as that is not a link he posted but rather an advertisement hyperlink that is automatically keyed off the phrase "sport touring".

I would love to ride the three sisters at some time. Definitely on my list of things to do as I know those who have ridden it and they say it is a 'must do' for a sport bike rider.

4. Graydd

Graydd New Member

Making reservations for this one. Think I will bring the wife as that resort looks pretty nice.

5. Graydd

Graydd New Member

Reservations made...Gave me a great military rate as well.:beguiled:

6. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I am signed up. Anyone from the Dallas/Fort Worth area going to the gathering too?

7. Herricane

Herricane New Member

United States
    Big Jim, thanks for signing up! Yes, there will be a group riding down from the DFW area on Thursday and Friday. I will get you some email contacts via IM.

Looking forward to meeting you down there!!

8. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    It would be nice to have someone to ride with.

9. Graydd

Graydd New Member

Are all of the Dallas Ft Worth people riding their VFR's?

10. Herricane

Herricane New Member

United States
    LOL!! No, not everyone has the excellent taste that we do. The VFR used to be wildly popular in this group years ago but now there are a wide variety of bikes. This event is really a great bike show when everyone arrives. The evenings are spent in the parking lot walking around and gawking at everyone's bikes. It's really a lot of fun!

11. Graydd

Graydd New Member

That's cool, I enjoy looking at and talking about all the bikes out there. I am trying to decide which bike to bring the VFR or the FJR? Guess I will bring the FJR as the first day will be two up for me and the Mrs. and it is more comfortable for that.

The Second day will be just me (wife is going to hang out at the pool).

12. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I guess I'll have to ride my VFR because I can't ride the VTR that far. As bikes go, my VFR is not much to look at but it does the job.

Maybe I will wash it!

13. Graydd

Graydd New Member

I need to invest in a two bike trailer so I could bring them both. Ride my more touring then sport bike the first day ...and the more sport then touring bike the 2d!

I like the smaller sport bike Baxley trailer, but they no longer make it. You have to get the BIG BIRHTA that is too expensive and too large for me. Unfortunately I did not get the winning lotto ticket today so...

14. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I hear ya. I really want to ride The Sisters on my Superhawk but I can't ride that bike down there. It would just kill me.

15. Graydd

Graydd New Member

I am bringing my bike on my trailer, but I only have a single bike trailer. Have you looked into the UHaul single bike trailer. They work well and are pretty inexpensive to rent. Could pull it down from Dallas sitting in the AC and sipping coffee. :beguiled:

16. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    That's all true but since I get out so rarely these days I plan on riding down just to get some seat time in this year. I could stick it in the truck but it's harder to get in and out safely.

17. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    For all the Northwesties except for a few of the ironclad butts who are into miles for piles who will not be attending this gig for one reason or another, check oot for next years "Sportbike NorthWest". A little more bang for the buck IMO and less corporate for sure.

Warning: Both of these gigs may attract a harleydood or two who is seeking the cure.

18. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I think Marrib has a few distant cousins going to this one. Looks like it would be a good gig to ride down to but I have earmarked dwindling funds already for R3 next spring. If this is an annual event, maybe I will try hitting it up sometime. I could make it so Big Jim isn't the only one there with silver glitter hair.

19. Graydd

Graydd New Member

That Sporbike NorthWest looks way cool. Wonder if I could talk my wife into that. One hellofa drive getting there though. Relatives in Oregon may help sell her...hmmm.

20. Graydd

Graydd New Member

zrx in truck.jpg

I hear that! I hauled my old bike in the back of my truck and trailerd my FJR. Loading it at home was not that big of a deal as I have a very steep driveway that reduces the "angle of the dangle" to a minimum.

Unloading and reloading it at our location was a hunt for a good location that would also reduce the angle of the dangle. We were lucky and found a perfect place right next to the Hotel but you can not count on that.