Viking Soft Luggage

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Has anyone ever used "Viking Luggage" for their Bike? I lost my soft saddle bags off the bike empty at 90mph near Park City, Utah a week ago. Luckily, they did not get tangled up in the rear chain. But, they where destroyed by the rear tire before I realized and stopped. I went online and have always used "Wolman Soft Luggage". Pricey, but cheaper and more flexible than hard bags as far as variable size content.

I went online and looked at "Viking" as a option to the standard soft options of "Tour Master", "Cortech" etc... The website was definitely prone to Crusiers and such, but listed a Sport Bike soft saddle bag, Tank Bag and Tail Bag. The montra of these guys was that they are better and was started to do better than anything listed due to being bike owners. They are listing the Saddle bags at (79.99 discounted from $120 and the Trunck Bag near the same) so $169 out the door when I paid $139.00 for Cortech bags that where similar, But Smaller by 4 Liters.I could get both the trunk AND saddle bags for $30.00 bucks less.

Let me know if I should bite on this ( if you have experience with them), and maybe some of you as well that are looking for a soft option due to Hondas asking price of over $800 on hard and Smaller bags. I'm Inclined to jump due to the price. This allows me being single to never have to use the car at the grocery store during riding season again. :)

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Would you expect the manufacturer/distributors to talk aboot their products in anything but glowing terms?

Some sites that use similar programming like Amazon, have Q&A and "reviews" on products and product lines.

Some of the Walmart stores have groceries. Some have electronic sections. Even those four liter bags is not going to hold a 40" flatscreen TV. This is one thing you can be certain of.

3. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    They look like Firstgear Onyx knock-off's. Not that it is a bad thing! At that price, I wouldn't be too worried about the longevity of the bag either. Hell, we know we can spend that in a weekend just on food!

I say go for it and then report back with your opinion for others.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Walmart has roasted chickens in some of their stores for less than a fiver.