Incoming Delkevic Stubby 350mm Oval Carbon Fibre Silencer

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Nelix, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Incoming.
    Honda VFR800F (2014-2016 )*
    Stubby 350mm Oval Carbon Fibre Silencer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

That's a good looking can, still wish Honda would have made the exhaust a high mount or under tail so that we could see all of that great looking wheel.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

That's what the left exit is for, still maintain low CG and get to see the wheel!

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

That would be better. I guess the swing arm makes doing that difficult...?

5. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    I've had high exhaust on a few bikes. Hate it! The stupidest idea ther ever was. Lots of poison gas and a lot of constant noise as close to the rider as possible. What retard that that was a good idea?

My little 390 KTM Duke has a belly exhaust that exits just behind my right foot. That's wonderful!

Man, that's a sharp bike!

6. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    I have it on mine thanks to Driver Dave and I really like it especially with the silencer in. Nice rumble and still quite. I think they are a good value for what they sell for.

7. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    A quick I had: image.jpg

8. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Wow Snipe, you certainly have a strong opinion about a high mount exhaust system, and that's ok, we all have our opinions! I've had a bike with a lower exhaust (can on each side), and honestly I don't think that I could smell any difference in the amount of poison gasses (exhaust!) that reached me while sitting in the saddle, and the Yamaha TDM 850 that I was referencing, and my Multistrada, are every bit as loud (actually louder!) as my 6th gen with It's Two Brothers exhaust; and I wonder if there is just one Idiot (Engenier) that came up with the high exhaust design and moved from one manufacturer to another, or if there are multiple Idiots (Enginiers) that had the same stupid idea. As for the weight, I'm pretty sure that I can't tell whether there is 5-6 pounds of muffler tucked up neatly under my seat or hanging out in the breeze on the side! Well, except that in "my opinion" it looks better tucked up neatly under the seat. I do agree with one of your opinions here though, the under belly exhausts ala Yamaha FZ 09 are pretty cool.

9. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    That pic is not my bike Sniper, mine is white.
    Here it is with the OEM exhaust off, the Delkevic is getting delivered today.
    [​IMG]

10. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    i also like the underseat exhaust if only to keep my hands warm at traffic lights.

11. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Nelix, please post vid when you get it installed - I'd love to hear it. Is the one you're getting the same as the one in this vid? I've listened to several 8th gen exhausts and I think the Delk sounds the best. And if possible, please weigh the stock and Delk exhausts - I'd like to know the weight savings, thanks!

[video=youtube;Olp-enMzigM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olp-enMzigM[/video]

12. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Well, I pulled the trigger on a new exhaust. I bought the below item from Delkevic. It's late in the season, but being my first season with the bike if the weather gets bad I will have a project in the garage and will roll it out in the spring. If it comes quickly I will have a weekend project and be on the road with it.

I went with the stainless steel instead of the carbon fiber due to a post about it. Even that said I like shiny things on the bike. If anyone is looking at one of these online the direct site is cheaper than those on amazon or ebay. Free shipping in the states and no tax! Hell ya. I went with the mini because, I really want that single swing arm and killer wheels (even though I do not agree with the color) to shine and also have a Killer sound. The db killer will definitely be removed as long as possible (Meaning no tickets, in Utah the fine is as much as the slip on). It's amazing how many Harley's - cruisers get away with straight pipes, but if you have a fairing you will get a ticket.

Mini 8" Stainless Steel Round Muffler to fit VFR800F Interceptor (2014-2016) KIT02AS 1 $199.95 $199.95

13. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Hey Bubba, hopefully you get it in time to enjoy this season! I found out yesterday that it's great fun to rev the Delk equipped Interceptor at high school girls waving signs for a car wash fundraiser on the side of the road - the girls were screaming with delight as I rode by - or maybe it was terror - I'm not quite sure which - LOL. BTW, is your bike red or white? They have nice pics on the Delk site of both the stainless and carbon versions of the mini but it's a red bike so it was hard for me to choose for my white - I'd love to see how the stainless looks on a white.

As far as cops go, the bike is very loud when you get on it but not that bad when just cruising below VTEC rpm's. I've ridden by a couple of cops and neither one batted an eye as far as I could tell. My area is swarming with super loud Harley's so I don't think I'll have a problem as long as I don't abuse the throttle early in the morning or late at night. Here's a vid I made where you can really hear the VTEC kick in, I don't think the camera mic does it justice though.
    [video=youtube;NMTfn26SWEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTfn26SWEM[/video]

14. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    Big, very useful, lockable, built in, free tail trunk. Yet another reason to despise those stupid high exhausts.

I think that we are all very fortunate that Delkevic is in business. My header seems to be very good quality.

Attached Files:

15. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

Gatorgreg, mine is red. My only fear is that this fits both the "F" and "Deluxe" I have the F but added the center stand to do work on it myself. I don't like the aftermarket stands. I did not pay that much attention to how far the pipe and header are to attach. Good news Is that I bought it last night online and it is expected to be delivered on Wednesday the 28th, so not bad for free shipping.

16. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    If you follow the directions in Nelix's install thread (link below) you'll be done in less than an hour - the stubby install is the exact same as the mini. The connector pipe has a little rubber stop that the center stand rests against when up, so as long as you installed the oem center stand it should be just fine.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthre...Oval-Carbon-Fibre-Silencer-install-on-8th-gen )

17. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    One of the many nice things about Delkevic is they don't rivit a big old ugly name plate on the side of your muffler. They give you a couple of stickers, and it up to you wether you want to advertise for them or not.

When I ordered mine, I phoned in, and spoke to the charming Jenette. They got my header out pronto. Sent it UPS. Good service.

18. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]

Sorry I can't hear you over my poison tard pipe.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

19. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    LMAO :beguiled:

20. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    The large, and rather unsightly graphic, confirms the suspicion of, shall we say, mentally challenged.

I can't help but wonder, is that an acquired taste, or the result of depleted grey matter, resulting from carbon monoxide inhalation.