Today's 2010 VFR1200F values

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Rocketman3, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Rocketman3

Rocketman3 New Member

What do you guys think these bikes are worth used? I found one locally for 7k. Seems like a good price. Where do you think they will bottom out at? I'm thinking 6k.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. nic579

nic579 New Member

Seen more like $7500 for higher millage bikes that have been molested, low mileage stock well cared for bikes have been in the $8000 or $8500 for 2010 and more for 2011 + bikes. Personally I do not purchase used bikes modified from stock.
    If you see a deal snap it up.

3. motorn

motorn New Member

Prices

I have mine listed locally for $8500 Cdn. It has Givi cases with comfort and performance upgrades. Nice machine but I'm going to lose my license if I keep it up. I can't behave on this rocket!

4. motorn

motorn New Member

Well i guess I'll have to learn to behave on the big 12. Not getting any interest except for scammers.It's paid for also,and I won't give it away I really do enjoy the vfr1200. It's a adrenaline rush to ride, and i made a lot of comfort and performance mods. I'll be hanging around for awhile yet.

5. Rocketman3

Rocketman3 New Member

I just purchased a 2010 1200f for 6k. All stock, 9900 miles, new tires, pretty good condition. One owner. He bought in 2013. It was a left over demo with 1000 miles on it. So I am the second owner. I am still cleaning it up. Found some dings on the rear wheel. Paint seems to be nice. There are a few scratches on the lower right side fairing that may buff out. Apparently it was only in the rain one time. He didn't keep it really clean. So I have my hands full cleaning tar from the wheels, swing arm, pipe, etc. Rear shock pre-load adjuster still works. Should look almost new when I'm done. What a bargain! These are great motorcycles! Will do the Don Guhl ecu flash when the weather turns bad. There was another 2010 in the Portland area with hard bags, sargent seat, oem heated grips for 7k (it had been dropped). This one was nicer.

6. motorn

motorn New Member

I bought my 2010 off the dealer floor in 13 also. He gave me a smokin deal also. I find these bikes amazing machines. I really like the dct,but it's not for everyone, but it's a lot of fun. My Harley bud likes talking about it to the other pirates! These bikes are decipitaley fast. They are so smooth,you can speed effortlessly. It brings out the racer in me!!

7. nic579

nic579 New Member

Progressive showed today:

Spent about an hour in the driveway:
    Valued bike at $8900

Was like new and low miles 5500mi

8. B6_Dolphin

B6_Dolphin New Member

United States
  9. motorn

motorn New Member

Wow, I wouldn't even consider that price for mine. That is a smokin deal.

10. Tpoppa

Tpoppa New Member

United States
    Map
    I've had lots of street bikes. Most, I get bored with after a season or 2 and sell.

This my 3rd season on my VFR12. I bought it on a whim, but I have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon. It's one of the most entertaining bikes I've owned.

11. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    As I just noted in another post, these bikes are staggering; they are by-and-large what old-timey VFR owners always dreamed of years ago. 1200 values are a hard ceiling on how much one should spend on any 800 in modifications.

Kristian

12. motorn

motorn New Member

I painted mine over the winter. It's a Lexus metallic grey. Looks great in the sun. I needed a change from the red, since I decided to keep it. It's an amazing machine and it's a rush to ride. It's unfortunate the value of these bikes has diminished for the owners. Buyers can get a used 1200 for a price that's an incredible deal in some cases.
    I'll be riding mine for a lot years so the market value doesn't matter now.

13. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    How do you like the DCT?

14. motorn

motorn New Member

I really like the dct. The shifting is instant,up or down. I mostly ride in manual. Meaning I shift it myself. Sport mode is a lot fun in fast pace turns. It automatically blips the rpm on down shift. Drive mode shifts early. To early imop. Most supercars and performance cars have dct technology today. I like the fact my bike uses the same technology. It's not for everyone, but once you get used to shifting without a clutch or shifter,it makes riding that much more fun. I think it's technology ahead of its time on bikes. I also think it will be used more in the future of bikes. I tell people it's my 2 wheeled Ferrari. Lol

Ridem32 likes this.
  15. Ridem32

Ridem32 New Member

United States
    Just bought a nice like new 2010 1200 with only 650 miles. $6,500. Heli bars and Corbin seat with rear tail storage. Also have the factory seat and bars. Just did the first oil change at 750 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. TexArmageddon

TexArmageddon New Member

United States
    LMAO now I feel as if I get cheated.... I paid that much for my VFR1200F last year with 6,000 miles. Then again.... I also got a 2 year warranty with it

Ridem32 likes this.
  17. Ridem32

Ridem32 New Member

United States
    6,000 Miles is miles and the 2 year warranty is good to have. My local Honda shop just got in my driveshaft for the recall. I will try to get it replaced next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Juval Navarro

Juval Navarro New Member

United States
    I have a 2010 vfr1200f and I bought it for $7400u.s. .

19. CYCLONE 2Cooper

CYCLONE 2Cooper New Member

United States
    I've been looking for a few weeks now for a VFR1200f and hoping to find one near me as opposed to one that would need to be shipped to me. I haven't been in a huge hurry because it's really cold and I don't really need it at the moment. I have seen several available....one at a dealer in Michigan (would need to ship that one) with real low mileage for $6,000. It has a scratched right side fairing and a scratched right side mirror from a tip-over. I looked at the site the other day and didn't see it listed any more so it might be gone. Two are near me (about 1 1/2 hours away). Both have under 5,000 miles on 'em. One at a dealer for $7,000 and a private owner one for $7,500. I haven't seen either one up and close and haven't discussed a lower price. One thing I am a little concerned about is why are there so many 2010s with that low of mileage? I would think if someone really liked their bike they would put at least a few thousand miles a year on 'em.

20. MarkinReno

MarkinReno New Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]
    https://reno.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=Honda vfr1200f&sort=rel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk