How can a moto rider NOT ride this weekend?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by James Bond, Oct 19, 2016.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Weather forecast: High of 66 degrees with a low of 42. It's fall, the leaves are falling and beginning to turn beautiful shades of beautiful colors. I have a VFR. There's no way I can't get outside and ride the thing with a weather forecast like that. Anyone else get those feelings in the Fall and Spring times of year?

2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Yep, awesome riding weather down here once Matthew blew past, scratched my riding itch yesterday after work - even decorated the VFR for Halloween - lol - see vid below. Today's forecast is high of 85, low of 67, partly cloudy with 0% chance of rain. This weekend will be highs of 78 and 79 with lows of 56 and 58 with sunny skies and 0% rain each day, awesome riding weather but down here I consider anything under 90 degrees to be excellent Fall riding weather - lol. Wish we had the Fall colors though :(

[video=youtube;e3lt9GtInk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lt9GtInk0[/video]

3. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I have to agree...fall is my favorite time of year for everything, not just riding.

VFR with fall colors.jpg VFR with fall colors2.jpg

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well according to Weather.com, the 5 day for Anaheim is 95F today, then 97, 92, 85 and 81 (Thu-Su). I'll be at Fontana Raceway doing a track Day on Sunday but would love to do a ride Saturday too but bike prep and other things need to be addressed! Supposedly it'll be 84F on Sunday in Fontana, and here I was thinking it was starting to cool off!

5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Your goin ta have a blast D--- riding in this time of year besides everything else to watch out from killing you, watch out for them slimy ass leaves----

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Finally a weather topic that with the hundreds of contributors reporting hourly could exceed all the Harley, tire, oil and shitty R/R posts in mere days.

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ok slimy ass leaves and K&N oil filters, air pressure is correct, you of course have the right oil
    ect ect---

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    One word. Disneyland.

9. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nicer Driver if I wouldn't have know where you are I'd say you're in my back yard ;) yea it's not so nice here, but that's ok, that way I can't feel bad for not getting out. Enjoy it while you can.

10. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    What R/R oil should I use on my Harley tires for this weather?

11. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Definitely on the leaves. I've been in The Gap / Cherohala area when they were wet all over the road and that's a good time to not lean it over. Wet leaves might as well be axle grease.

12. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Have an amazing time weekend riders! Kansas weather has been beautiful too.

I won't be able to get out for a good long ride until the 6th. Arkansas will be calling my name. Hope there will be plenty slimy leaves left for me.

I'll make sure to put on K&N oil filter on for good measure with a shizzy used rear tire too.

13. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Re. How can a moto rider NOT ride this weekend?

When he's recovering from a grade 3 AC shoulder separation. :eek:hwell:

Out bicycling last Tuesday night a guy in a Silver SUV decided to make a left turn in front of me. When he finally realized (much too late) that I was there he stopped his vehicle dead center mass directly in my path.

I was doing about 22ish or so mph when I grabbed a coupla big handfuls of brakes,uttered the universal prayer to the gods of destiny (OH SHIT!),and did a Superman right over the bars and landed hard on my left shoulder. Slid on the pavement for a bit and stopped just short of hitting his vehicle.

I guess the guy in the SUV figured since I didn't actually hit him that technically there was no harm no foul here.

Never got out of his vehicle,never said he was sorry,never asked if I was hurt,never acknowledged that he had done anything wrong,never offered assistance of any kind. He just drove away.

Luckily for me a short time later a passerby stopped (ironically the guy was an avid cyclist like me) and graciously offered to drive me to the hospital.

Aside from doing the stretching exercises to rehabilitate my shoulder I'll pretty much be doing a whole bunch of nothing this weekend DriftingAlong.

Howzabout you guys and gals that are out there riding this weekend stop and take a coupla pics and share them so us hapless shut-in types can enjoy the beautiful fall scenery too. :lol:

14. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    It's s damn shame that you can't shoot every body that deserves to be shot.

15. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Holi Crapoli, stoshmonster!
    That's just so wrong. What kind of POS does that. Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Hope you heal up quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

16. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ooo feel your pain Stosh, and agree photos would be very nice and OOTV best have some video (s). ;)

17. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I can't afford the amount of ammo needed if I were granted to privilege.

18. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    You're not alone. I have a scar on my leg caused by a bicycle incident. 100 stitches, 60 staples, and a whole lot of dilaudid later, I can still ride a MUCH safer motorcycle and less safe bicycle. At least on my VFR I have the horsepower to stay away from killer cages.

19. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Don't forget to not clean or lube your chain or put the proper air in your tires. There's no point in taking the time to do anything right. It's just a motorcycle under yur azzz.

20. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    WOW! Stosh! Hope you heal up fast with not adverse complications. Here, that guy would be guilty of a Hit and Run. Both Criminally and under Provincial Statute. Here, any accident involving a bicycle whether there is an injury or not, damage or not, must be reported to police. Leaving the scene when you are involved, direct or indirect, is an offence. I hope that bastard gets his just rewards and soon.

Lately I have been riding my bicycle more than my VFR. All my errands and medical appointments have been on the bike. Partly because I got a new bike. (last one was stole....last two actually). Partly because I don't want to put fuel into my Battle Ship HMCS GMC Sierra. But mostly, I like riding. Good to get back into it after falling away from it for several years.

I recall an incident several years ago where someone came out from a side street looked me straight in the eye. AS far as I could see, there was eye contact. He pulled right out n front of me. My rectal muscles clinched so tight, I got muscle cramps in my eyelids. There was no contact and I remained upright, but I vividly remember looking down beside my right thigh and seeing the top of his front left bumper. It was that close.

The value of those flashing LED head lights and tail lights even during the daylight hours cannot be understated. I didn't have them then but do now. Then again, some people should be relying more on public transit.

I also cringe every time I come across fallen leaves. Not so much in a straight line, but on a corner? Anal pucker power comes into play again. I have never actually experienced this issue but know it is there. But that is not the reason for my not riding. It has been a monsoon like atmosphere around here the last week or so. Otherwise I would be out riding. May still do so soon. I think there is a 5 minute break in the rain forecast for later today.