Get on your bike and go vote!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by GatorGreg, Nov 5, 2016.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    The world would be a much better place if only those with a motorcycle license were allowed to vote and run for office - don't ya think? :beguiled:

[video=youtube;36v0yBRZNqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36v0yBRZNqs[/video]

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Nice layout on your streets there.. not so great on branch libraries..;)

Having a 'biker" in a political role sounds like a great idea. We had one in Washington that was a senator and head of transportation for the state. An engineer and old Navy man and a harleydood all in one package. At the time Washington had a tiered system of registration and licensing based on engine displacement that was the sole criterion. Getting this asshole to even consider changing it or at least get off his ass and take a look at the logic was impossible. He's gone and now so is the tiered system.

Some of those referendum issues are something else.. We have one here for a tax on corporations on sales of 25 million pesos a year. The corporations tell us in brightly colored very pricy printed flyers that magically appear in our mail boxes that if you vote yes on this your whole family,pets including tropical fish, will die of some horrible disfiguring, painful disease. If you vote no, none of this will happen and we may be able to send you a box of milk, honey and a couple of virgin blowup dolls as our way of saying, "Thanks Partner."

3. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Great video! I'm just settled from weekend and chilled...seeing the palm trees in your video warmed muh spirits.

The library was busy! Is it always? Or just because of voting? Too bad some peeps weren't outside.

Loved you parked moto in the rack area. It's just a big boy's bike. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

4. Badbilly

United States
    Some of those palm trees were actually Floridians.

5. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Best of luck America.

6. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Thanks AM! Glad to see you had a safe trip.
    I'm ashamed to admit this but I am probably not the best person to ask about the usual level of activity at the library :glee: Not counting voting, I've been there maybe 5 times in about 30 years of living in this area - lol. There were roughly 20 folks in there either voting or working the polls in the lobby area - I didn't venture inside the main library part. The last time I early voted there in either '08 or '12 the line wrapped around the front of the building. So maybe this means the turnout will be much lower? It was fairly early in the morning when I rode up there though so maybe that's why it was not too crowded.

7. Badbilly

United States
    Maybe the voters were afraid that The Donald would be there and they'd have to listen to him some more or the women voters couldn't find catchers cups at the local sporting goods store.

8. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    Your voice comes through so clearly, and no wind noise to speak of.
    Do you use a remote mic for the GoPro?

I have a GP3 Silver version, sould like to ride with it, but.... No voice, and the wind noise.... :confusion:

9. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Damn I love Florida. My parents winter there (Isla del Sol) for a few months every winter - one year I'll take my bike down to visit them.

Good luck tomorrow my good friends South of the border!!

10. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Yes, I use the "frame" attachment for the GoPro so I can have the external mic adaptor plugged into the GoPro and I have a mic wired into the helmet sitting within a couple inches of my mouth - which is why I sound like such a heavy breather at times - lol. If you're interested in doing it, two of my favorite motovloggers, RidingWithTom and SpacePod, both have excellent video tutorials on their channels on how to wire up your helmet - good luck!

11. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Thanks Jeff! That's a very nice area - I just drove through Isla del Sol last month on the way to my hotel in Sand Key/Clearwater Beach from the Salvador Dali museum in St. Pete (which I highly recommend if you visit the area). I decided to drive up the coast instead of taking the most direct route - unfortunately I was in my cage since I was dragging the family along - lol.

12. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Ahh ... too bad. I'll have to look you up the next time I'm down there. I have spent a LOT of time in Florida, both in Orlando and the St.Pete's / Anna Maria areas.