Hi from Stockholm Sweden

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by RhINO, Nov 21, 2016.

1. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    Hi!

Just noticed I didn't post here before trying to yank all your knowledge :)
    I'm an IT guy from Stockholm who finally got my license last year, should've done that oh... 23 years earlier but at that time a cousin of mine chose to park his 125 in a light pole and my mother wasn't too pleased with the idea that I should ride a bike. Some water under the bridge and here I am, with a VFR now after riding an ER6 for the first year.

The winter project is to get the luggage racks on the thing which Randy have been very helpful with since I didn't have even one of the screws needed I think and no instructions (thank you previous owner). I will also install heated grips and a voltmeter/USB-socket-thingy so I guess I will hate a lot of things :D
    It seems that pair-valve/flapper/snorkel should be done too but I guess I'll do that in the spring after the tanks is a bit more empty than it is atm.

Here's what the beast looks like, a 2006 with some 12k miles on the odo at the time of the photo, I've since added some 1300 miles myself which means I've ridden it further in a month than it's been used per year.
    moppur.jpg

2. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    ffs, wrong forum part, can someone delete this? I shouldn't write stuff before I drink coffee

3. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Too funny. I was in Stockholm a few summers ago. Stayed in a place on the north end of Drattingsgatan. A little south of the Library. I saw a lot of VFR's. I was very surprised. Can you guys lane split? I didn't get a chance to check out if you guys did. I was in Helsinki that same trip and saw a few more vfr's.

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Welcome to the "Nuthouse" RhINO. Nice looking Moto.
    Why wait until spring to get under the tank to do your mods. Easy enough to siphon the fuel from the tank. While your doing the pair valve and snorkel mod, you might think about syncing the throttle bodies. Having them synced can in some case increase throttle response and drivability by a noticeable amount. Good luck over your winter season.

5. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    Yeah, well, I already did the hello part but when I was browsing new riders I didn't find any post from me... Syncing throttle bodies, that one I haven't heard about and having a look at how to do it I think I'll wait a bit with that one :)
    One question, when I look at syncing the throttle bodies I wonder how smart it is to remove the flapper valve vacuum hose, wouldn't that mess stuff up?

6. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    We can't but we do :)

7. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Oh really?! How nice. I am in Phx and the roads are wide enough that we easily could. The popo REALLY frown upon that. Big tickets. If they did allow splitting, though, there would be a huge amount of deaths. The drivers would be super pissed.

8. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Welcome - that's a beautiful silver VFR! Also, I'm 1/8 Swedish from my Dad's side - so we might be distant cousins or something - lol