I scratched my case :( anyone have paint they recommend?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by the_small_moose, Jan 18, 2017.

1. the_small_moose

the_small_moose New Member

I have a small scratch on my case after running it gently into another bike in our shop. Anyone know of a pearl white paint that works for the color match?

Cheers

2. Laker

Laker New Member

Canada
    Map
    You can check rsbikepaint.com. I got my touch up there, perfect match
    [/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I suppose it is too deep to polish out. Is it is that small, a pearl touch up may not b needed. If you find one, post up.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Refer to your bike's paint code then go to the Colorite site to see what you need. By case if the cases are OEM not too much of a problem. If the cases are aftermarket maybe go to the case manufacturers site for touch up paint.

A pic of the damage is a good idea..

5. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

If It's a very light scratch you might try one of the color matched auto polishes from Turtle wax or Meguiars. It will help smooth/blend the scratch, plus some of the polish will be left in the scratch area to help conceal it. Best of luck.
    John

6. Badbilly

United States
    For small scratches or chips, nail polish from Wal*Mart (where else) can work. Another source is Model paint. Testors is a good one.

Most of the above are lacquers and can be reduced with standard lacquer thinner. The paint can be applied sometimes with the Qtips that have only one working end and have wood shafts. Better yet is to use a spotting brush. These are available at art suppliers. They are small and are sized from 0000 to 0. Best used by first making them damp with the lacquer thinner and then into the paint. All this before having a triple espresso or half a gallon of Red Bull.

7. the_small_moose

IMG_20170118_165859_01.jpg

Here is the scratch. It went through the paint all the way to the plastic. More of a small gouge? It is 300 bucks for a paint match and professional redo. I think that quote is worth the money to have it done perfectly but for now I may go get some nail polish. I can get the color match through rsbikepaint

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Awe thought you where referring to the engine case, that's the faring, got it.. Just a suggestion, might try looking at personalizing the vfr with a classy decal?

9. the_small_moose

Sorry for not specifying! I got the cases for my VFR and the left case is scratched. I am going to do some light sanding and some color match paint. I will post here with how it turns out!

10. Badbilly

United States
    Only harleydoods have pearlescent engine cases.

11. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    A decent auto body shop can order up the paint using the paint code beneath your seat. Personally, that minor of damage, I would gently sand off the sharp edges and touch up with a pen type paint applicator first. If it bothers you after a year or two, go get it painted. Mine a damaged that way too but worse. It rolled backwards into a chain link fence while I was trying to get out of a tight parking lot once. I left it and when I get it painted again, I will address it then. I am on my second paint job now and ready for a third.