New 2014 VFRFD $7799.

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by VFRWARRIOR, Jan 24, 2017.

1. VFRWARRIOR

VFRWARRIOR New Member

United States
  2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    That's a very good price for a deluxe but are you 100% sure it's OTD? Reason I ask is on this page there is some fine print at the bottom which says: "Price, if shown, does not include government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, dealer document preparation charges or any finance charges (if applicable). MSRP and/or final actual sales price will vary depending on options or accessories selected."

Link: http://www.faymyers.com/Showroom/Managers-Specials/Search/NEW/Honda

Edit: I thought that dealer sounded familiar - that's the same dealer that was trying to sell the RC213-V on eBay a couple months ago. They're asking $200K for it now on the same page I just linked.

3. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    That's where I paid $13k sticker (OTD with bags, ext warranty, service contract, taxes, etc. was a whole lot more! ) way back in August of 2014. It sucks seeing such a low price now. If I knew anyone around here that was in the market for a bike, I would demand they get that one!

Also, that price of $7800 is the "sticker price" ... Far from out-the-door. But it's still an outstanding deal.

4. VFRWARRIOR

VFRWARRIOR New Member

United States
    I paid $8000.00 for mine at Fay Myers and I paid an additional $240 to Title the bike myself here in New Mexico.:smug:

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I am with most of you that I paid $8000.00 out the door last April. But the big difference as we know in the states Is it a F model or a Deluxe? Big difference. But I will say that even the F model at $7800 - $8000 is a great deal seeing that is listed at $12,999 and the deluxe even more. Good Buy!

6. Check6

Check6 New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought my Standard model there last year... 2014, $6900 OTD. I don't know what they were advertising it for on the web site. I just stopped in and bought it one day. I also can't remember what the original price was before taxes, etc. But $6900 was what I thought was a damn good price for a new VFR.

I think the one you're viewing is the Deluxe. They had one sitting right beside mine but at the time it was priced around $10K.

7. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    It is a Deluxe.

8. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    shit damn good deal! Damnit!

9. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I wish I could buy it, but sadly, living in The People's Republik of Kalifornia, ANY bike, car etc that is bought outside of this whack state MUST have 7800 miles on it at the time of purchase. Some BS excuse of smog, or something. Basically, the Ca dealers were ripping people off and folks started buying out of state. SO, instead of becoming more competitive, they lobbied the Ca politicians and got this stupid ass rule passed. Maybe back in the day there were smog equipment differences, but not anymore, thus, the law is now antiquated and bullshit.

10. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I thought that only applied to a used vehicle, Lint. Is it really for new as well?

11. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    No, not quite.

It must be over 7500 miles OR MEET CURRENT CALIFONIA SMOG according to the DMV:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...ntent_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

So, if the VFR is not a 49 state model, you could buy it somewhere else. You'll still be liable for California taxes when you register, and you take it up the ass on those, but you take it up the ass when you buy here anyway.

So the question is, are there 49 state model VFRs anymore? Or are they all CA complaint?

12. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    Here is a deal:
    You pay for it. I'll pick it up, put the required number of miles on it, and hand-deliver it sometime in the fall.
    The paperwork should not be a problem at all, as far as state requirements go.
    I'll cover all required maintenance and insurance until it is in your hands, but it may need tires when I hand over the keys.... :eagerness:

13. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Gee, what a deal!!!

I found one on cycle trader that says $9200ish out the door here in SoCal. Just not sure I want to do payments. I'd rather cash, even if I have to wait a couple more months.

14. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    My 6th gen was 50 state compliant and it was a 2005. I'd have to think that they all are now.

15. Check6

Check6 New Member

United States
    Map
    Just stopped in Fay Myers at lunch (right around the corner from work). I was looking at the 2012 Panigale 1199. The VFR is still on the floor and it's what we thought... a Deluxe model. If you're interested, call Phil. He's the guy who sold me my VFR and also sold an HD Wide Glide to a friend of mine. Tell him Rich sent you and mention my VFR and my buddies WG. Not sure if he could knock any additional off, but good luck. I wish this Deluxe model had been going for this price when I bought my standard last year.

16. bravastar1

bravastar1 New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought my 2014 VFR 800 Deluxe from Fay Myers two years ago for $11,027.50 and was crapped out when I saw how much I could have saved if I had only waited until now. I went out,looked at my odo with 13,700 miles on the clock and came to my senses. 13,000 miles of fun was priceless. It's only money and you can't take it with you.

Attached Files:

17. VFRWARRIOR

VFRWARRIOR New Member

United States
    Yup! Enjoy the ride.

Attached Files:

18. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    if you got the deluxe or the f. killer deal and even more so with the deluxe. The reason I bought the bike not only the discount it was insurance. $55 a month compared to last years Kawasaki Ninja 1000 at $146 a month. I am 48 yrs old and have a clean record for more that 5 yrs without a ticket. Insurance agencies see the inline 4's and go crazy. I paid $29 a month on my Suzuki Sv1000s. Lighter quicker and more horse power at 117 than the VFR. I think that they see V-twin and say Harley. They see "4" of any type the double or triple especially inline! I really love this bike but miss the 417lb, 117hp Suzuki v-twin for all of the right reasons. weight, HP and insurance cost. I have been looking online for my old bike being my second on the track.

19. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I bought a brand new vfr in Oregon, drove it straight to CA DMV. Quick inspection of the emissions sticker on top of the airbox was all they needed. Yes, you have to pay taxes..IF, you did not pay taxes when you bought it, as was the case, Oregon has no sales tax, so i paid the tax in CA and was done with it. What I saved by going to Oregon, easily paid for a weekend of fun in Portland and saved me close to a couple grand over CA pricing.

20. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    As far as I know that prior to buying this bike that most bikes sold in the U.S. are California standard due to most coming in at California ports. I may be wrong but in the 80's that was true when I worked at a dealer. People where looking hard and long to get bikes without the California standard due to lower HP with the restrictions.