G3 ride in St. Augustine, Fla on May 20th with vintage bike show!

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by GatorGreg, Feb 24, 2017.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Hey all, since I'm jealous I can't go to R3 in Cali I decided to do my own scenic ride on the so-called "Daytona Loop" here in Florida on Saturday, May 20th. In addition, I'll be checking out a vintage motorcycle show featuring Japanese bikes! Any of you VFR people are welcome to tag along. If anyone else shows up than I will call it the "G3" for "GatorGreg Groupride" - LOL. I figure there's got to be a few other people in the southeast who can't make it all the way to Cali for R3, so you're welcome to tag along with me on G3. I've never done this route before, but I would estimate it would take no more than 2.5 hours plus whatever time is spent at the Castillo. If you're interested in going please post up here!

Preliminary plan for G3:

Saturday, May 20th

8:00am - 9:00am: Meet and greet at the Murray Bros. Caddyshack at World Golf Village near the intersection of I-95 and International Golf Parkway - address is 455 S. Legacy Trail, St. Augustine
    http://mbcshack.com/

9:00 - about noon: G3 ride to the "Daytona Loop" which is actually closer to Ormond Beach between Flagler Beach and Daytona Beach.
    https://www.daytonabeach.com/things-to-do/attractions/loop/
    http://www.ormondscenicloopandtrail.com/Map-with_header_and_text_v5.pdf

Roughly noon: Lunch at the Caddyshack

About 1:00 - 4:00pm: Check out the bikes at the bike show

4:00 pm - ?: Anything goes - I'm not responsible :glee: One idea I have though is to repeat the group ride for folks who can't arrive in time for the morning ride - but for the afternoon ride I'd do the Daytona Loop portion in reverse for a new experience. Also, I wouldn't mind ending up at The Columbia for dinner and a mojito or two - one of my favorite restaurants of all time! http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location/Locations/St-Augustine-Historic-District

Tentative G3 route is as follows:

Caddyshack to International Golf Parkway
    International Golf Parkway east to U.S. Highway 1
    U.S. Highway 1 south to San Marco Ave.
    San Marco Ave. south to King St. in St. Augustine.
    Possible photo-op break / sight seeing tour of the Castillo de San Marcos while we're there ($10.00)
    https://www.nps.gov/casa/index.htm
    King St. east across Bridge of Lions to Anastasia Blvd. /A1A/ Ocean Shore Blvd.
    A1A / Ocean Shore Blvd. south to High Bridge Road.
    Beginning of "Daytona Loop"
    High Bridge Road west/north to Walter Boardman Road.
    Walter Boardman Road west to Old Dixie Hwy / North Beach Street
    Old Dixie Hwy / North Beach Street south to State Road 40 / West Granada Blvd.
    State Road 40 / West Granada Blvd. east to John Anderson Drive.
    John Anderson Drive north to High Bridge Road.
    End of "Daytona Loop"
    Back to the Caddyshack at World Golf Village in St. Augustine for lunch

After lunch at Caddyshack we'll check out the 2017 Riding into History Motorcycle Concours (Honoring the Japanese Motorcycle) which runs from 10:00am to 4:00pm at the World Golf Village! According to Burnes45 on the other forum, "Yvon and Miguel Duhamel are the Grand Marshals and the display of vintage motorcycles is breath taking. I have been the last 4 years and the event gets better every year. Admission is $10 dollars per rider and the money goes to a good cause (K9's for Warriors)." https://ridingintohistory.org/
    From their website: "The 18th Annual Riding Into History Concours d’Elegance will feature 300-400 antique, vintage, race and custom bikes from all over America. Last year’s event was a huge success, raising $40,000 for our charity, K9s For Warriors. This year’s event promises to be bigger and better and we hope to match or exceed our donation of last year. In addition to the array of beautiful bikes, there will be exhibitors, dealers, food, entertainment and exhibitions. And you can meet our Grand Marshals Yvon and Miguel Duhamel!"

Here's some pics from last year's show courtesy of Burnes45 at VFRD:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's also a fancy dinner planned as part of the bike show on Friday the 19th but I haven't decided if I'm going to it or not: https://ridingintohistory.org/grand-marshal-dinner-registration/

Places to stay overnight:
    Camping near St. Augustine: https://www.visitstaugustine.com/things-to-do/camping (I've camped at Anastasia State Park on the beach - very nice!)
    Hotel at World Golf Village: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/jaxbr-world-golf-village-renaissance-st-augustine-resort/ (Pretty nice hotel but a little pricey).
    Hotel at St. Augustine: http://www.casamonica.com/ (Awesome hotel with its own private beach club - very expensive but worth it).
    (Of course there are hundreds of other places to stay in St. Augustine/Daytona Beach/Orlando area but these are just a few places close by that I have stayed at and can recommend.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I'm starting a list of attendees below - I'll update it as we (hopefully) get more peeps interested in attending :glee:

Who's down with this:
    GatorGreg ('14 VFR800 white) Orlando, FL
    burnes45 ('97 VFR750) Jacksonville, FL
    BikerBoyNeo ('14 VFR800 red) Montgomery, AL

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  3. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Bump - only 77 days to go! We've now got at least 4 VFRs going - post up if you want to attend! :glee:

VFR Dave ('14 VFR800 white) Orlando, FL
    GatorGreg ('14 VFR800 white) Orlando, FL
    burnes45 ('97 VFR750) Jacksonville, FL
    BikerBoyNeo ('14 VFR800 red) Montgomery, AL

4. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Bump - only 70 days to go!

5. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    62 days to go!

6. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Only 43 days to go!

7. Drays

Drays New Member

United States
    Map
    man time is just flying by....

8. Drays

Drays New Member

United States
    Map
    check out the Group ride with Cristy Lee. Bryan Fuller, and Rickey Gadson......with the Motus manufacturer jekyll3172017.jpg

9. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Oooh did you get to go to that thing at Jekyll Island? Are you going to St. Augustine? That's a big honkin' V4 in the Motus!

10. Drays

Drays New Member

United States
    Map
    that trip covered over 400 miles in day on the beloved Interceptor.... stopped by Daytona on the way home from Jekyll Island car show. that was the Caffeine and Octane event with Motus.....I'm still looking forward to the G3 trip

11. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    That's awesome - would love to have gone for a ride with Cristy Lee! :love-struck:

[​IMG]

12. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Bump - only 35 days to go! We've now got 5 VFRs going!

13. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Only 4 weeks away!

14. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Bump - only 20 days away!

15. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Only 14 days away! Weather Channel app is predicting high/low temps for St. Augustine of 87/70 with sunny skies and a 0% chance of rain :glee:

16. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Group rides organized by noobs down to the last detail seldom work out. Checking the weather half a month in advance and expecting that to be a constant is iffy. Win10 maps and Google maps will lay out the entire routes including traffic and construction conditions.

Anyone going on a ride with minigator should also check Gaydar.com questioning any suggestion of sharing at Motel 6 pit stops.

17. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Woohoo! Looks like PyschoBB just posted something in my G3 thread - thanks for the bump! I have no idea what the whacko said cuz I have him on my ignore list but I'm guessing it was one of the following:

A) yet another creepy reference to my children
    B) yet another not-so-subtle physical threat
    C) yet another unintelligible dissertation
    D) He's planning to come to St. Augustine with the VFR he claims to "still have".

I hope it's "D" :glee:

18. Badbilly

United States
    Well, that's gratitude I suppose. Do a dude a favor by helping out with a post going back three months with no action to speak of and what do I get, not even an invite to Motel 6.

19. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Less than a week to go! We might hit double digit VFRs - forecast is sunny skies and 84 degrees

20. Badbilly

United States
    Bet minigator will take a minibite of this one.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla nisl nulla, molestie non feugiat et, mollis id nisl. Maecenas sit amet rhoncus nunc, a ullamcorper felis. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut finibus suscipit neque, vitae pulvinar sapien pharetra in. Nunc tristique ligula quis ultricies porttitor. Nam feugiat dui eu nisi rhoncus laoreet. Aliquam rhoncus, elit ac eleifend commodo, est massa laoreet risus, vel placerat odio velit eu lacus. Ut elit ante, tincidunt non sem ac, auctor egestas odio. Nunc vel lacus mauris.
    Vivamus consequat, nisi eu commodo pharetra, enim justo accumsan nibh, vitae aliquet magna ipsum ut lacus. Suspendisse tristique enim at semper pharetra. Phasellus aliquam enim a euismod pulvinar. Suspendisse iaculis tellus vitae risus rutrum finibus. Suspendisse egestas libero ut laoreet pellentesque. Vestibulum aliquet, nisl non tincidunt tincidunt, tellus augue lacinia tellus, sed efficitur massa quam non nulla. Cras eget neque facilisis, scelerisque libero quis, aliquam elit. Vivamus quis libero tincidunt, finibus sapien quis, venenatis turpis. Fusce vitae orci pellentesque, venenatis lorem quis, suscipit massa. Aliquam consectetur magna neque, venenatis eleifend leo tristique eget. Pellentesque in tincidunt risus. Maecenas sollicitudin, eros et posuere dignissim, justo ligula fringilla massa, a tincidunt nulla dolor a turpis. In sodales nibh eget lorem semper vulputate. Morbi velit quam, accumsan non lorem eget, sodales rutrum est.
    Donec bibendum tincidunt dictum. Vivamus non enim ac quam pharetra iaculis ac nec nulla. Donec consectetur sem non magna cursus eleifend. Ut viverra elit at tincidunt lacinia. Pellentesque rutrum, erat at gravida laoreet, ante risus consequat magna, sit amet facilisis erat neque sit amet risus. Maecenas vel aliquet risus. Suspendisse volutpat ipsum sit amet nisi pharetra laoreet. Phasellus non metus eu massa laoreet tincidunt sed vel magna. Fusce varius fermentum rutrum. Proin sodales mattis mi, vel tempus enim mollis id. In mattis, ex ac elementum lobortis, tortor leo gravida tellus, at rhoncus enim lorem in lectus. Pellentesque a magna commodo, tempus nulla malesuada, semper tellus. Donec libero tellus, blandit nec turpis id, feugiat porta risus. Donec aliquet, nisl pulvinar congue posuere, sapien nisl maximus velit, eu egestas ex nibh et dolor.
    In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Maecenas enim felis, ornare auctor nunc a, iaculis dapibus dui. Quisque sit amet sem vitae nulla euismod sagittis. Donec ultrices enim enim, ut porttitor erat tincidunt a. Phasellus vehicula erat quam, condimentum tristique tortor porta nec. Nulla aliquet tortor a lorem commodo imperdiet. Curabitur facilisis eros dolor, ac gravida nisi mollis nec. Integer finibus elit laoreet, placerat tortor at, pharetra lorem. Pellentesque faucibus turpis non ante auctor, hendrerit interdum dolor malesuada. Sed volutpat orci ornare ligula convallis, at vulputate quam elementum.
    Maecenas a mi leo. Quisque eget lacus feugiat, accumsan lacus mattis, auctor libero. Nam pharetra imperdiet ipsum vitae aliquam. Fusce porttitor, nunc quis elementum auctor, ante orci fermentum est, vel aliquam dolor nibh ac libero. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Pellentesque efficitur lacus non egestas venenatis. Integer a dolor commodo, vulputate mauris vitae, porta risus. Vestibulum eleifend, tellus hendrerit pretium gravida, enim quam pretium lacus, a pulvinar elit nisi in tellus. Etiam nec dolor eu tortor semper ultrices. Proin elementum augue eu felis egestas lobortis. Donec placerat nisi ligula, eget congue enim most.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla nisl nulla, molestie non feugiat et, mollis id nisl. Maecenas sit amet rhoncus nunc, a ullamcorper felis. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut finibus suscipit neque, vitae pulvinar sapien pharetra in. Nunc tristique ligula quis ultricies porttitor. Nam feugiat dui eu nisi rhoncus laoreet. Aliquam rhoncus, elit ac eleifend commodo, est massa laoreet risus, vel placerat odio velit eu lacus. Ut elit ante, tincidunt non sem ac, auctor egestas odio. Nunc vel lacus mauris.
    Vivamus consequat, nisi eu commodo pharetra, enim justo accumsan nibh, vitae aliquet magna ipsum ut lacus. Suspendisse tristique enim at semper pharetra. Phasellus aliquam enim a euismod pulvinar. Suspendisse iaculis tellus vitae risus rutrum finibus. Suspendisse egestas libero ut laoreet pellentesque. Vestibulum aliquet, nisl non tincidunt tincidunt, tellus augue lacinia tellus, sed efficitur massa quam non nulla. Cras eget neque facilisis, scelerisque libero quis, aliquam elit. Vivamus quis libero tincidunt, finibus sapien quis, venenatis turpis. Fusce vitae orci pellentesque, venenatis lorem quis, suscipit massa. Aliquam consectetur magna neque, venenatis eleifend leo tristique eget. Pellentesque in tincidunt risus. Maecenas sollicitudin, eros et posuere dignissim, justo ligula fringilla massa, a tincidunt nulla dolor a turpis. In sodales nibh eget lorem semper vulputate. Morbi velit quam, accumsan non lorem eget, sodales rutrum est.
    Donec bibendum tincidunt dictum. Vivamus non enim ac quam pharetra iaculis ac nec nulla. Donec consectetur sem non magna cursus eleifend. Ut viverra elit at tincidunt lacinia. Pellentesque rutrum, erat at gravida laoreet, ante risus consequat magna, sit amet facilisis erat neque sit amet risus. Maecenas vel aliquet risus. Suspendisse volutpat ipsum sit amet nisi pharetra laoreet. Phasellus non metus eu massa laoreet tincidunt sed vel magna. Fusce varius fermentum rutrum. Proin sodales mattis mi, vel tempus enim mollis id. In mattis, ex ac elementum lobortis, tortor leo gravida tellus, at rhoncus enim lorem in lectus. Pellentesque a magna commodo, tempus nulla malesuada, semper tellus. Donec libero tellus, blandit nec turpis id, feugiat porta risus. Donec aliquet, nisl pulvinar congue posuere, sapien nisl maximus velit, eu egestas ex nibh et dolor.
    In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Maecenas enim felis, ornare auctor nunc a, iaculis dapibus dui. Quisque sit amet sem vitae nulla euismod sagittis. Donec ultrices enim enim, ut porttitor erat tincidunt a. Phasellus vehicula erat quam, condimentum tristique tortor porta nec. Nulla aliquet tortor a lorem commodo imperdiet. Curabitur facilisis eros dolor, ac gravida nisi mollis nec. Integer finibus elit laoreet, placerat tortor at, pharetra lorem. Pellentesque faucibus turpis non ante auctor, hendrerit interdum dolor malesuada. Sed volutpat orci ornare ligula convallis, at vulputate quam elementum.
    Maecenas a mi leo. Quisque eget lacus feugiat, accumsan lacus mattis, auctor libero. Nam pharetra imperdiet ipsum vitae aliquam. Fusce porttitor, nunc quis elementum auctor, ante orci fermentum est, vel aliquam dolor nibh ac libero. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Pellentesque efficitur lacus non egestas venenatis. Integer a dolor commodo, vulputate mauris vitae, porta risus. Vestibulum eleifend, tellus hendrerit pretium gravida, enim quam pretium lacus, a pulvinar elit nisi in tellus. Etiam nec dolor eu tortor semper ultrices. Proin elementum augue eu felis egestas lobortis. Donec placerat nisi ligula, eget congue en

The translation is "chumming for ambulance chasers."