$100 rebate on Bridgestone tires for March

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lint, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    This YouTube video gives the codes in the description.

[video]https://youtu.be/Urxi36QYVec[/video]

2. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    That's like a set of tire for what I paid for just the rear.

Anyone run and prefer these? Which ones do you run? I've got the pilot road 3s on there now.

3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I have the T30S Evo. Used to run the PR series, love the Bridgestone so much more. Very grip, but don't last as long

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I bought the S21s for my 01 and they perform very well. I don't how long they last as I haven't used them for very long. Did quite a few sport rides and a track day and they did very well. If you're looking to replace the PR3s, then T30s would be the comparable model.

If you're looking for longevity, the Michelins seem to be one of the longer lasting tires as far as mileage goes. I just pulled off a PP3/PR4 (fr/rr) set with 14,256 miles on them. These were on my 09, which is my commuter/tourer with mostly commuting miles. To be a bit cliche, YMMV.

5. MooseMoose

MooseMoose New Member

United States
    Tempted to grab a set of something. It'll be a while before I wear out the current set. The front was new and I had a plugged rear when I bought it, so I popped a new Pilot on the rear. I expect those damned things will last me another year considering how little I ride compared to my commuting days.

Maybe put some S21s on my '91 rims and swap 'em out for fun and personal education. It just seems like the cheapest way to find out which tire *I* like on this bike. I was ridiculously particular on the old viffer, but I haven't even scrubbed the chicken strips off of one set on the '01. I really just bought what seemed safe based on reading here.

Of course, I'd spend more money getting my rotors up to snuff than I saved on the rubber... but I could post a picture of my bike with a wheel that has more spokes and people on the internet would like it!

6. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Great deal on those, especially if you've not tried any Bridgestones and wanna have fun with some grip. But yeah, as Lints says...

Much Grip, No Last Long Time.

A few thousand miles for me on EVOs whereas Michelins bring me over 10K every time.

BUT I did love the EVOs while they lasted.
    Depends on what you are after.

7. blackvfr

blackvfr New Member

United States
    You have to get the GT version of the Bridgestone EVO's they have a stronger center construction so they last longer and are nice and grippy.

8. CatHerder

CatHerder New Member

United States
    Map
    Just my luck, I just bought new Bridgestones in November.....

9. Suraj

Suraj New Member

United States
    Looks like it is the $50/set promotion as opposed to a $100 promotion. I took advantage of this promo last year and scored the front tire for essentially $25. The two promos from the video are in the link https://www.bridgestonerewards.com/FindRewards
    One is for USA and other for Canada

I bought a set for $195 and got a $50 prepaid card in a month or so after filling out the rebate form. That's makes the cost $145 for a set. I did not immediately need the rear tire and sold it new on craigslist for $120. Bam, $25 for a new front tire. I plan on doing the same for the rear tire sometime early next year when I'll need a new one.

Protip: look at all manufacturer websites for rebates before buying new tires. Most manufacturers would have these rebates at least once a year. Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop are the regular ones every year from what I have seen. And like everything, buy something you would need a bit in advance and don't wait for the last minute purchase. The extra time gives you buffer to shop around.