Country
    Thanks

Pirelli Angel GT's work great on the big viffer

I have been a fan of Pirelli Angel GT's ever since I put a set on my Aprilia RSVR1000. I've had good results with Michelin and Dunlop. When I purchased my used vfr1200f it had fairly new Bridgestone GT's on it (the newest Sport Touring dual compound version). This is the first experience with Bridgstones and I was really willing to give them a chance. But the more I rode the bike the more I disliked the feel. I fiddled with the suspension trying to figure out what was going on. Turned too fast and the bike just kind of wandered when going straight. Seemed overly sensitive to pressure on the bars. I started to regret getting this bike (started to hate it). I consulted the suspension guys at Hyperpro or some such company. I was thinking I needed a steering damper which is unheard of on the 1200. They said the bridgestones were a " truly bad tire" and start there. Sorry if I have hurt someone's feelings but they just didn't work for me. Put the Pirelli's on and the bike is now a pleasure to ride. Does everything intuitively. Holds the line going straight and just feels right. I am surprised how tires can make such a difference. Give them a try if you are in the market for some rubber. I did get the W rated tire for the rear.

Country
    My Ride
    2010 VFR1200, 2009 Versys, 2001 SV650, 2017 Triumph T120.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman3 View Post
    I have been a fan of Pirelli Angel GT's ever since I put a set on my Aprilia RSVR1000. I've had good results with Michelin and Dunlop. When I purchased my used vfr1200f it had fairly new Bridgestone GT's on it (the newest Sport Touring dual compound version). This is the first experience with Bridgstones and I was really willing to give them a chance. But the more I rode the bike the more I disliked the feel. I fiddled with the suspension trying to figure out what was going on. Turned too fast and the bike just kind of wandered when going straight. Seemed overly sensitive to pressure on the bars. I started to regret getting this bike (started to hate it). I consulted the suspension guys at Hyperpro or some such company. I was thinking I needed a steering damper which is unheard of on the 1200. They said the bridgestones were a " truly bad tire" and start there. Sorry if I have hurt someone's feelings but they just didn't work for me. Put the Pirelli's on and the bike is now a pleasure to ride. Does everything intuitively. Holds the line going straight and just feels right. I am surprised how tires can make such a difference. Give them a try if you are in the market for some rubber. I did get the W rated tire for the rear.
    Exactly my experience with the Michelin PR3s that cam on the bike.
    Good tires until they got hot then a little greasy.
    Anger GTs and the big VFR is utterly stable.
    This is the only tire I will ever put on this bike (and my SV650).
    I highly recommend this tire for the VFR12.
    Gary Dunham
    2010 VFR1200, 2009 Kawasaki Versys
    San Antonio, Tx

Country
    My Ride
    2010 VFR1200, 2009 Versys, 2001 SV650, 2017 Triumph T120.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman3 View Post
    Exactly my experience with the Michelin PR3s that came on the bike.
    Good tires until they got hot then a little greasy.
    Anger GTs and the big VFR is utterly stable.
    This is the only tire I will ever put on this bike (and my SV650).
    I highly recommend this tire for the VFR12.
    Gary Dunham
    2010 VFR1200, 2009 Kawasaki Versys
    San Antonio, Tx

Country
    My Ride
    2010 VFR1200F, 2010 CBR600RR ABS
    Thanks
    I'm on my 4th set of Angel GTs on the VFR12. Before that I went though 3 sets on a CBR600RR-ABS (I used it for ST). GT's are by far my favorite ST tire.
    I seem to get a few more miles on them on the VFR compared to the CBR.

Country
    My Ride
    VFR800 5th Gen 1999, 1997 VTR1000F, 1990 ST1100
    Thanks
    I fitted an Angel GT to the front of my ST1100 and have just ordered a replacement. Very happy with the feel and traction. I'm told that the Angel GT is manufactured by Metzeler (who are owned by Pirelli) using the same carcass and compound as their Z8. If you check you'll see "Made in Germany" on the sidewall.

I ride faster than slow riders, and slower than fast ones.