2014 VFR front fork adjustments

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Hey 8th gen. Can anyone give me advice on front suspension adjustment. II have the F model so only the front has adjustability. Personally I have never adjusted any suspension on any bike that I have had and learned to ride with the factory settings on those bikes as well. I know that you all are saying "What the Hell Bubba". I think that I have posted this before. I am finding that the front bobbles up and down to much on this bike with those factory setting well beyond any other bike I would like to see a video or have someone help me out here. As I remember someone posted that Larry H. Miller raceway would prove to be a good reference for some help. I do not get out there. I am still looking for someone in close proximity to ride, advise and help out when needed. And the same in return. Thanks

2. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Because you do not have the Deluxe, you have ZERO adjustment on the forks....zip, nada, nothing. You do have preload (tools required) and rebound on the rear shock, however.

3. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Well, at least I have one to adjust. Any thoughts on settings on the rear? Like I have said I have always learned to ride on the factory settings that could be a plus or a minus due to stupidity. I have known my bike's as is and I have been missing the true riding experience of a bike that I did understand it's potential! Example the 2003 Sv100s that had both front and rear adjustability and I never took advantage of it but was happy and rode well. That is why I like this community of riders to give advice. I have always been a solo rider. Thanks again!

Mike D.

4. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Here you go.

Suspension Education Program

Attached Files:

5. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    I guess by bobble you mean bouncing over surfaces as opposed to smoothly riding through them. When I did a demo on the 8 the gen version with adjustable suspension it did the same thing. I thought a previous rider must have tampered with the settings. Maybe not. Personally I really disliked the ride for that reason and was disappointed in the bike, preferring to keep my 4 the gen. I suggest you wind out the preloaded. Sounds like it might be wound in too much. Not much you can do with a fork with very little adjustment choices.

6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Everything you always wanted to know abou suspension can be found here...VFRD Download Link

7. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    You also have spring adjustment on the rear shock. My front shock is perfect from the factory. FWIW. If your front end is "bobbling", first, what does that mean and, second, it sounds like a problem specific to your bike. I would change the oil and re-assembly the shock to factory settings. As I said, mine needs no adjustment.