94' fairings???

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by DwV, Mar 25, 2017.

1. DwV

DwV New Member

United States
    Looking to buy a new set of in tact fairings for my 4th gen, but where the hell do I go besides airtek streamline and spending an arm and leg.

Realistically. Looking to spend 300-500$$

Help!!

Dwv

2. SNelson750

SNelson750 New Member

I'm having the same problem. I wish I had wisdom to offer you, but I'm actually hoping that you found a solution and would be willing to share how you found the fairing pieces. All of my right side fairings and headlight were recently damaged.

3. MapMaster

MapMaster New Member

OEM right side upper cowl is still available. I was just checking Service Honda and Bike Bandit.
    Of course, I need the left side, and those no longer exist.

Tell you what, make yours a naked street fighter and send me your left one. :eagerness:

4. Shadow

Shadow New Member

United States
    Map
    i'm considering parting out a 94VFR 750. If I do, it won't be until mid june when I have time to take on the task. Bike fairings are OEM, complete and intact; some are whole with practically no damage and others have some scrapes or cracks, but when placed on bike they are intact. I am located in the San Fernando Valley, southern California. Not a for sure thing in parting out but considering.

Wouldn't mind selling whole, but currently bike is not running due to electrical gremlins; need to replace stator and would like to update Rectifier with its wiring.

Any thoughts?

5. MapMaster

MapMaster New Member

The expense and effort of replacing a stator and rectifier/wiring compared to replacing bodywork leaves you well ahead of the game. If you like the bike, fix the electrics and ride it like you stole it! :biggrin-new:

If you want to move on, while the potential for getting more money by parting it out is there, that's a whole lot of planets that have to align. With all of the hassles of posting, negotiating, shipping, etc. etc. etc.
    I'd get the electrics fixed anyway and then sell it as a complete bike. One deal and you're done.

This goes against my personal interest as I'd like to get the upper left fairing from you. But the OP may well be willing to buy the whole faring set from you.

I was considering parting mine out after crashing it last year, but have decided to get it road worthy again. In my case, if I do get it back in rideable shape, I will keep it and settle for occasional use. It still won't have ABS which is what would have saved me from the crash, but after 21 years and 204,000 miles, it's become part of my DNA.

6. SNelson750

SNelson750 New Member

I'd like your fairings also, but I'd actually prefer to encourage you to fix your VFR. In my opinion, these things are classics worth saving, and it sounds like you have a relatively good one.