Dunlop Q3's

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by James Bond, Apr 6, 2017.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Anyone here use Dunlop Q3's? I've been using Bridgestones but all of them beat me up badly because they've always had very stiff sidewalls. They're even hard to mount. So, I'm going to try another brand even though the Stones grip well and last long.

For those with Q3 experience, how are they on ride, turn in, and tread life? Something has to give besides my body. Thanks...DA.

2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Not sure if they've improved but I've had Dunlop Q2s in the past and found the brilliant in warm sunny conditions but outright dangerous on cold wet roads.

3. V45mikie

V45mikie New Member

United States
    Well here in Texas They are great tires. My riding cohorts run them on the CBR1000 units all the time and we get good traction but as John says they don't like the cold at all. They do really good for me in the rain but seem loose on 30 degree days.
    They seem to hold up ok. We've got a set with 8K on them and doing good on life. They are better than the stock 2104 VFR tires and the Road pilot 4 were a complete let down for me. The ride I guess is OK but I'm convinced the springs on the 8 gen are less than satisfactory. Hope this helps.

4. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    It helps, thank you.