GatorGreg and VFR Dave's mini group ride vid

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by GatorGreg, Apr 9, 2017.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Had a great ride this morning with fellow Pearl White 8th gen owner VFR Dave aka Drays. We rode from Longwood to Yalaha by Lake Harris and stopped at the Yalaha Bakery for some sweets and to shoot the breeze with other riders and classic car enthusiasts who hang out there. Here's a teaser vid shot with my iPhone of a cool car we were parked next to. I'll post some GoPro riding vids (including our visit to the Tail of the Gator) and a quick interview with Dave showing off his various mods when I get some time to upload them. Dave is a very cool guy and an awesome rider but his bike could use a wheelie control button as he seemed to have difficulty keeping his front tire on the ground :glee:

[video=youtube;LtW7xm0B9bQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtW7xm0B9bQ[/video]

Edit: I've added the GoPro vid below.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Great for you Gatorgreg. Looks fun while I sit here waiting for the snow to melt after last night. ;-) I will say on the porsche it may have been original but I have a valet at my place that works there that has a fiberglass replica, Looks great but it is just a Volkswagen bug or beetle chassis with a fiberglass top. It is convertible as well. It's all about the looks with a 1600cc engine. Take care and ride while the rest of us wait out the snow. Whoever called a flat 6 was corrected and the person who corrected it was correct since the flat 6 came out in 1963.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Finally got around to uploading some of the GoPro video - enjoy! Unfortunately my camera had shut off by itself on the way to Yalaha and I didn't capture Dave's wheelie or the picturesque ride around Lake Dora :( I did capture our run through the Tail of the Gator and our stop at the highest point on the Florida peninsula.

Bubba, yeah if it was a real Porsche it's probably worth close to a half mil, if it was a replica probably only $20-40K :witless:

[video=youtube;VLy8Y2v5XAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLy8Y2v5XAE[/video]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Blimey an original mini they are pretty rare here in the uk as an estate (station wagon) as they call them here,would feel pretty vulnerable in one in the states with all the SUV's around pretty much like riding a bike I suppose

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Several pages on what those Porsche Speedsters are selling for. New in the mid to late 1950s they were less than 3K. FOB NYC.

They were soft tops but not convertibles. Porsche at the time was building "less is more" cars. The racecars being more is more.

6. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I don't think I had ever seen a wagon before, maybe a bit less vulnerable than a motorcycle but not much - I'd be tempted to wear some motorcycle gear including a helmet when driving one :glee: