e3 spark plugs didn't work out

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Hey its me, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Hey its me

Hey its me New Member

Just wanted to throw this out there since I didn't find any info here, or over on vfrdiscusssion.com. I just got a new 1992 VFR750. It was only running on 3 cylinders when I got it, So I adjusted the valves. That didn't help. Then I bought new spark plugs from oreilys because they told me they had the new/equivalent variation of stock plugs (E3.38 using diamond fire technology) now, I didn't care which brand/how fancy the plugs were because I just wanted to see if the thing would run right before I invested any more time or money into the engine (I thought it had a rod knock and was on its last leg anyways. 74,000 miles on it). Anyways, upon opening the package of the e3 plugs I noticed you can't adjust gap. It's pre-set. So, I crossed my fingers threw them in, and started the bike. And it ran like shit. Popping and backfiring. So, I threw the sock plugs back in and it ran better, (although still on 3 cylinders. Carb cleaning took care of that. Now it runs good)

Just thought I'd mention, e3 plugs did not work for me, in case anyone else was wondering.

2. Droldaerd

Droldaerd New Member

Still rock the stock ngks. Work great for me

3. slovcan

slovcan New Member

Canada
    Annapolis Valley, NS, Canada - IBA #63720
    Me too. VFR's don't need gimmicks! :cool-new:

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Ah, come on, who doesn't want Diamond Fire Technology?