[Guide] 5th Gen VFR mirror integrated/LED turn signals

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by I0seb, Apr 11, 2017.

1. I0seb

I0seb New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hey all, making this to help anyone else interested in doing the same thing.

Imo the best mirrors are the Magazi lucifers, available on ebay for $200 AUD, they are aluminium/plastic construction, multi-adjustable and the LEDs are nice and bright. They also have daytime running lights and the wire and mirror glass are much better quality than the chinese options. They are definitely worth the extra money and they also look a lot better than the GSXR mirrors :biggrin:

Magazi mirrors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the wiring I simply removed the stock turn signal connectors and wired in some generic bullet connectors, no DRLs for me sadly as the AUS model doesnt have the cable.

Finally, to make the signals flash the correct speed I wired in a new relay. Ones with the Honda connector are available online but they are much more expensive than the standard generic option.

I used a 3 pin LED flasher relay available at most auto stores (pictured below).

[​IMG]

The relay has 3 pins labelled B, L and E.

- B is positive in and connects to the black wire (as pictured on the wiring diagram below in black/brown).

- L is load and connects to the grey wire which in turn connects to the signals.

- E is the negative/ground and connects to the green wire.

[​IMG]

Once the wires are all connected the indicators will flash at the correct speed and you can do away with the proprietary Honda relay!

It doesn't matter if you have all LEDs or mix and match as the relay is non load sensitive.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Emre likes this.
  2. RuiSaraiva

RuiSaraiva New Member

Portugal
    Hello, can you take some photos to see how it looks?
    Tanx

3. vikingGoalie

vikingGoalie New Member

United States
    I'd be curious as well but the original post is from 2017 and poster hasn't been on since June

4. Warren Welsh

Warren Welsh New Member

Australia
    Map

Hi mate , can you send me a pic of your invoice so I can ask cor the same ? I’m taking almost the oem off a mint bike I’m picking up soon, I have learnt to put on all 3rd party gear for the fun I am about to have Then when I am 80 of 90 I’ll probably put oem back on just to look at her. Can you please advise . Thanks mate ( Camden NSW here )