Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Country
    My Ride
    2014 Pearl White Interceptor Deluxe, Mods: Delkevic Mini Carbon exhaust + 3hp, Overseas VFR badges +10hp
    Thanks

VFR800 ride - soccer mom yells - Happy Easter!

Hope everyone got to enjoy their Easter with their VFR today! I went for an Easter blast around my subdivision and got yelled at by a soccer mom who blocked the road with her SUV so she could yell at me to slow down (see around the 5:45 mark). In her defense I may have been going slightly over the speed limit with the engine kept on full boil in 2nd gear for most of the ride

Edited on 4/25: In the interest of reestablishing world peace I have decided to delete my video from this post. You can still find it on my YT channel (see link in my sig) where you are welcome to post critiques of my riding skills or lack thereof

Last edited by GatorGreg; Yesterday at 09:54 AM.
    Click HERE for info on VFR groupride in St. Augustine May 20th with vintage bike show!
    Click HERE to check out my VFR MotoVlog!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GatorGreg For This Useful Post:

jorgescar69 (04-16-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    2014 VFR800F (Modified with bar risers, center stand and Stubby pipe) 2003 Suzuki Sv1000s (sold it) 1995 Kawasaki Gpz1100 (Totaled it) 1983 Kawasaki Gpz500 (Sold it for the later)
    Thanks
    My observations of the video. I will give you this in reply with a sarcastic note and concerned being you are a good guy.

You did a maximum of 77mph in a residential! Averaging about 49mph in an area that I am assuming that is 35mph to 40mph zoned. You ran a stop sign, you passed on a single lane and you got upset about a pickup and a fat chick on a Harley. Then you where annoyed at a mother living in the area not blocking you to kill you, but she made a statement slowing down about your speed. Gator, you do live life on the edge! I hope you find some curves outside your community because you are about to be road kill. May the motorcycle gods bless you with health and many years of riding. Ride safe brother!;-) Your blinking led up front light may give you some sense of added security for you, but this video does you no real viable interpretation of your riding style to keep youself safe IMO.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubba5466 For This Useful Post:

CHASETV (04-17-2017), duccmann (04-17-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    2002 VFR
    Thanks
    Well, right before you passed her you were doing 61mph in a 25mph zone. Crazy soccer mom! lol

Careful, she will call the popo about some maniac on a white bike racing around the neighborhood and johnny law will be waiting around the corner next time!

Country
    My Ride
    2014 Pearl White Interceptor Deluxe, Mods: Delkevic Mini Carbon exhaust + 3hp, Overseas VFR badges +10hp
    Thanks
    Thanks Bubba, I appreciate your concern - the VFR is so damn fun that sometimes I just can't help myself. I hate to say this but the speed limit is actually only 25, not 35. But the good news is that my speedo is set to metric, so that 77 you saw was actually in kph - therefore I was really only going about 48 mph Just kidding, I will try to slow down.

Also, I don't remember running a stop sign but I do remember doing what they call the California Rolling Stop The fat chick I mentioned was on the back of the scooter - there was a lady on the back of the Harley as well but I never got a good look at her.
    Click HERE for info on VFR groupride in St. Augustine May 20th with vintage bike show!

Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!
    Country
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
    Thanks Bubba, I appreciate your concern - the VFR is so damn fun that sometimes I just can't help myself. I hate to say this but the speed limit is actually only 25, not 35. But the good news is that my speedo is set to metric, so that 77 you saw was actually in kph - therefore I was really only going about 48 mph Just kidding, I will try to slow down.

Also, I don't remember running a stop sign but I do remember doing what they call the California Rolling Stop The fat chick I mentioned was on the back of the scooter - there was a lady on the back of the Harley as well but I never got a good look at her.
    Bubba was being nice IMO. Others may have further commentary on your style.

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigemVFR View Post
    Well, right before you passed her you were doing 61mph in a 25mph zone. Crazy soccer mom! lol

Careful, she will call the popo about some maniac on a white bike racing around the neighborhood and johnny law will be waiting around the corner next time!
    Haha, yeah I know how she feels a little because it's not uncommon for me to be woken up in the middle of the night by the unmistakable sound of several inline 4 SuperSports screaming around that road at probably twice my speed. In my slight defense, there are no houses directly fronting that road so there are never any toddlers wandering onto it or anything, just the occasional squirrel. There are also sidewalks several feet from the road on both sides of it so you never really see any adults walking on it either.

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbilly View Post
    Bubba was being nice IMO. Others may have further commentary on your style.
    Yes he was - wish everyone was as nice as him!

Country
    Thanks
    Yes he was - wish everyone was as nice as him!
    Like the old Chinese guys always say, Wish in one hand..."

Country
    Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Badbilly For This Useful Post:

Samuel (04-17-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Not sure what number 11 was trying to do Number 21 made me cringe - that had to hurt!
    Almost all of those crashes involved stunting and/or riding in a large pack - two things I don't do. I do like to speed however

Uber Guru

Country
    My Ride
    2002 VFR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 982 Posts
    Is that a gaggle of asshats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELL YA, LETS RIDE !!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Thanks
    Not sure what number 11 was trying to do Number 21 made me cringe - that had to hurt!
    Almost all of those crashes involved stunting and/or riding in a large pack - two things I don't do. I do like to speed however
    Say two Evel Knevels and your sins will be absolved.

Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800Fi
    Thanks
    Gatorgreg, don't ride like a dick!
    It's not the right place for that, there could be kids or pets or old people or any number of things on or crossing the road in neighborhoods like this.
    I know its a fun bike to yahoo on, I have one and do that too but not in areas like you are in. There are much better / safer places to break the law.
    Don't perpetuate the stereotype of bikes! I have kids and pets that occasionally get out of the house and run across the street. I do what I can to stop them but it happens. You can control how fast you ride and should.
    I've read your other posts and seen your other videos and quite enjoyed them, you seemed to be someone I would contact if I ever got to take my bike down to Florida on vacation. Please don't turn into someone I'd rather punch in the haircut! We all have asshat moments, I will put this down as yours.
    Rant off.

Dyslexics are teople poo !

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zombie For This Useful Post:

GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Uber Guru

Country
    My Ride
    2006 VFR800/A- 84 VF700f- 73 Yamaha RD350
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Gatorgreg, don't ride like a dick!
    It's not the right place for that, there could be kids or pets or old people or any number of things on or crossing the road in neighborhoods like this.
    I know its a fun bike to yahoo on, I have one and do that too but not in areas like you are in. There are much better / safer places to break the law.
    Don't perpetuate the stereotype of bikes! I have kids and pets that occasionally get out of the house and run across the street. I do what I can to stop them but it happens. You can control how fast you ride and should.
    I've read your other posts and seen your other videos and quite enjoyed them, you seemed to be someone I would contact if I ever got to take my bike down to Florida on vacation. Please don't turn into someone I'd rather punch in the haircut! We all have asshat moments, I will put this down as yours.
    Rant off.
    A proper spanking ;)

Uber Guru

Country
    My Ride
    CBR 1000rr, RD 350, CR 250, 09 VFR, 2012 DR 650
    Thanks
    Looks like your 1 texter away from road kill.

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Ooooh I like me a good spanking - except I prefer to be the spanker and not the spankee Sorry guys, I humbly beg the forgiveness of VFRWorld and promise to never ever ever speed again However, I do place partial blame for my deviant behavior on Honda for building such a fantasticly fun machine!

Country
    My Ride
    2014 VFR800F (Modified with bar risers, center stand and Stubby pipe) 2003 Suzuki Sv1000s (sold it) 1995 Kawasaki Gpz1100 (Totaled it) 1983 Kawasaki Gpz500 (Sold it for the later)
    Thanks

Fucking amazing! I don't see this in Utah for the most part and thank god, but I know that it happens! Ass hat squids that make us pay out of our ass for insurance! The law of natural selection is upon us in the motorcycle world. I don't like it but I will accept it.

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks

Gator, you are on a community of seasoned riders. You seem to only have a year of two on something larger that a 500cc scooter if I remember right when you joined. Correct me if I am wrong. We and I, do not want a dead member and we only give advice when needed. You have a new passion with the bike as well as social media filming and posting. Should I suggest that you refrain from doing so until you have some posts on rides with others more advanced in twisty's outside the rural area and giving you skills that will keep you in the forum physically and not by lack of interest. I for one like you posts, but by knowing that you are emerging as a great asset to the group with video I suggest you take care of posting. In retro spec I personally need constant feedback and muscle memory therapy to avoid issues that come our way. I will be attending a rider course this year for moderate to advanced riders. Why, Because I know that I need to know more. After 30yrs I still have instincts that will kill me unless I try to stop them with education and practice. If you have ridden for years you think that you know it all, but we don't. I know I don't .

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba5466 For This Useful Post:

GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Haha, yeah I know how she feels a little because it's not uncommon for me to be woken up in the middle of the night by the unmistakable sound of several inline 4 SuperSports screaming around that road at probably twice my speed. In my slight defense, there are no houses directly fronting that road so there are never any toddlers wandering onto it or anything, just the occasional squirrel. There are also sidewalks several feet from the road on both sides of it so you never really see any adults walking on it either.

Please don't tell me that you really posted this in reply! Come on Gator are you 18-22? and saw the squid video? You have no defense since your video says it all to the group. I really am not trying to busting your balls here, Man Up! Ride safe in your community and ride hard where you can. I for one look forward to other great videos.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba5466 For This Useful Post:

GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Eventually he will bust his own balls.

Naa.. Squids don't have balls.

Uber Guru

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    Billy that video is a testament to how well built Japanese bikes are. lol

Country
    My Ride
    2016 VFR800
    Thanks
    You have done yourself no favours posting this, you should consider taking it down.
    2016 pearl white VFR800. Honda colour coded top box with back rest (so the gf will get on the bike) Powerbronze rear hugger, white R&G crash bobbins, Puig tinted double bubble screen, Honda quickshifter, telfizer ram mount, power supply and iphone 6s waterproof case.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nelix For This Useful Post:

Bubba5466 (04-19-2017), duccmann (04-19-2017)

Uber Guru

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    GG, do some track days, it will turn you into a very good street rider. Some road coarse classes are very good too.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gator For This Useful Post:

Bubba5466 (04-19-2017), GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    2002 Honda VFR800Fi
    Thanks
    I wouldn't take it down, use it as a learning experience. It seems like you ride on your own a lot, when I first started riding I had a friend with a lot of experience that I rode with often. He "showed me the ropes" and told me when I was riding like a dick and showed me how to ride responsibly. It helped that he was actually an instructor at a reputable school. Not to say that we didn't hooligan occasionally but there are times and places where its "safer".
    If this is the case with you, please take this criticism as constructive and learn from it. We all want to be better riders and help others to do the same, we are always learning.
    Understand why we are coming down on you and its all good.

Dyslexics are teople poo !

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombie For This Useful Post:

Bubba5466 (04-19-2017), GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    '00 VFR. Ex: '78 Kaw KZ1000Z1-R; '86 Kaw GPZ900 Ninja; '89 Yam FZR400; '90 Kaw ZX-7; '92 Duc 851; '95 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100; '94 Yam FZR1000; '98 VFR; '86 Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000, '99 Kaw ZRX1100; '00 Kaw ZX-12R; '02 VFR; '91 VFR.
    Thanks
    The *fantastical* stupidity on display in this video makes me wish that the natural selection shown was more effective. I want those genes out of the pool.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ksoholm For This Useful Post:

Bubba5466 (04-19-2017)

Country
    My Ride
    '00 VFR. Ex: '78 Kaw KZ1000Z1-R; '86 Kaw GPZ900 Ninja; '89 Yam FZR400; '90 Kaw ZX-7; '92 Duc 851; '95 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100; '94 Yam FZR1000; '98 VFR; '86 Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000, '99 Kaw ZRX1100; '00 Kaw ZX-12R; '02 VFR; '91 VFR.
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=GatorGreg;558636] I went for an Easter blast around my subdivision and got yelled at by a soccer mom ....

Gator, sorry: Deservedly so, that was some stupid riding. Bedrock principle to never ride like that around town where anyone can pop out at any moment; OK to mess with your own life, but not with others' lives. Why add vehicular manslaughter as a dessert to your hospital trip?

Country
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba5466 View Post
    Gator, you are on a community of seasoned riders. You seem to only have a year of two on something larger that a 500cc scooter if I remember right when you joined. Correct me if I am wrong. We and I, do not want a dead member and we only give advice when needed. You have a new passion with the bike as well as social media filming and posting. Should I suggest that you refrain from doing so until you have some posts on rides with others more advanced in twisty's outside the rural area and giving you skills that will keep you in the forum physically and not by lack of interest. I for one like you posts, but by knowing that you are emerging as a great asset to the group with video I suggest you take care of posting. In retro spec I personally need constant feedback and muscle memory therapy to avoid issues that come our way. I will be attending a rider course this year for moderate to advanced riders. Why, Because I know that I need to know more. After 30yrs I still have instincts that will kill me unless I try to stop them with education and practice. If you have ridden for years you think that you know it all, but we don't. I know I don't .
    Like the gator that bit off the leg of the stoner and his pard wondering which one, all Gators are not the same. There are real gators and then there are the gators cloned from frogs like in the movie.

Country
    My Ride
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=ksoholm;558881]
    I went for an Easter blast around my subdivision and got yelled at by a soccer mom ....

Gator, sorry: Deservedly so, that was some stupid riding. Bedrock principle to never ride like that around town where anyone can pop out at any moment; OK to mess with your own life, but not with others' lives. Why add vehicular manslaughter as a dessert to your hospital trip?
    You guys are tough critics! I do appreciate the constructive criticism though and I will take it to heart. Interestingly the vid currently has 7 thumbs up to only 1 thumbs down - I guess the general YouTube population has a higher tolerance for my buffoonery

Compared to many riding videos I do think mine is actually pretty tame and boring. With the exception of a couple of brief straightaways I don't think I ever got much higher than 50 mph so I was far from approaching what I would consider a ludicrous speed and I never saw plaid I think the super-wide view of the GoPro coupled with the high rpm V4 exhaust note makes it seem much faster than I was really going. I never felt like I was putting myself or anyone else in any significant danger. And just to reiterate one more time, there are no houses directly fronting that boulevard and there is a brick wall lining the whole thing - so there are no kids or dogs running from their front or backyards onto that boulevard.

Country
    Thanks
    But officer! I was only going one way.

Inventor of the Mullet

Country
    My Ride
    2007 RWB SUPERCHARGED / 1986 750 SSA
    Thanks
    I thought you crashed that thing back on 4/1/17?

I am nuttier than a squirrel turd "Nancy Pelosi"

My theme music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r-M9gipm9s

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out a car window.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to TOE CUTTER For This Useful Post:

GatorGreg (04-19-2017)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast