New addition (big bro)

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Full-Force, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Full-Force

Full-Force New Member

United States
    Bought this from my coworker for a steal. 2008 ST1300, 9k miles, corbin seat, bar risers, tip over bars, highway blades, delkevic slip ons, full Hondaline wind deflector kit, new Pilot Road4 tires. Thing is a blast to ride. Dont let the size fool you. I can get down with this bike in the twisties.

Attached Files:

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Nice. Seems there are quite a few VFR owners who also have an ST. Appears to be a great touring bike with some sportiness to go with the comfort. That windshield looks rather tall!

3. Full-Force

Full-Force New Member

United States
    I have the windshield all the way up (its electric). Also there are two positions in the mounting bracket for the windshield that raises it another couple of inches and I have it in the highest setting (I'm 6'5"). I can lower it with the push of a button to a height similar to the VFR shield with respect to the bike.

On a side note it has some get up and go for a 700+ pound bike. Top speed supposed to be just over 140. I have seen 130 and I was ok with not pushing it any harder. Wacking the throttle wide open in first gear = instant wheelie. You will have to let out of it if you want to ride a wheelie or its going over. The instant torque is bad ass!

4. Hingley

Hingley New Member

Canada
    I rode one of these back when they first came out
    I was very impressed with the torque ( John Deere Tractor comes to mind )
    It was very well balanced, which I figured had something to do with the layout of the motor
    And it is designed like the VFR, over engineered and will last a long long time

5. Full-Force

Full-Force New Member

United States
    agreed....plenty of guys on the st forum with 150-200,000 miles with basic maintenance only. One guy in particular with an 08 like mine has 178,000 miles and until now has never done anything except put tires on it and change oil. One of his for seals has begun to leak at 178,000 miles. I feel pretty good about it.

6. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    When I used to ride these bikes, the rev limiter used to come on and I would slide forward on the seat racking my "pet-monkey" against the damn petrol tank!

7. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I see that a lot of the municipal police forces use them out here.

8. grabcon

grabcon New Member

United States
    Map

I too have an 08 ST1300. A fantastic bike although not for everyone. The speedo on these bikes are ~7.5% off. I use GPS for speed but I also installed a SpeedoHealer. Easy to install and setup. The rub is that while the speedo is off ,the odometer is close to being right on. The correction with the SpeedoHealer clocks less miles on the odometer.

The ST-Owners forum is a good technical reference site with many good tech articles. But be advised like any forum there are some things you need to take with a grain of salt.

I do very little interstate riding on mine. The mountains are the place this bike loves, it will hang with most bikes once you get confidence to swing a 700 pound bike around at speed. I also have averaged 46.41 mpg over 25000 miles. Don't baby these bikes they love to run.