How far can you go?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by VFRJeppy1979, Apr 19, 2017.

1. VFRJeppy1979

VFRJeppy1979 New Member

Canada
    I was wondering how many miles we can get on in a day ( approximately 12 hours saddle time) on these 8th gen VFR's. I am planning a trip around the Cabot trail in Cape Breton NS and the whole trip for me will be about 1000 miles.

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I have gone further on other bikes but the best I have done on the VFR is aboot 800 miles. After 700 I felt like I had been raped in a Turkish prison again and had to get off.

3. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    Most I've done on a day on my 5th gen is 1100km.
    Last 100km I was mumb.
    In my 20's I could do more, I moved 1200km away and I often used to ride back home on Friday for a Saturday BBQ and piss up, then ride back Sunday.

4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    randy has gone a 1000 miles in one day by taping his hands to the handle bars and wearing a space suit dapper some have been a bit smelly.

5. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Most have done in a day was on my Cbr600 from border of Spain to SW Scotland 1200 miles. On the New Vfr furthest was 600 miles but could have gone further. Regularly do 300+ days.

6. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    What was it like the first time?

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Screw the bike, I'm ready to get out, or off anything thing after a couple hundred miles, not sure how far anyone can get with out stopping for fuel and pee. That being said, back in the day I've done 800-900 miles in the saddle one day, could have gone farther, but I reached my destination. Did I mention back in the day, like in 96 on a 4th gen from Laguna Seca Doubt I'd be able to do that today, but was fun then.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    Williams, NoCal to Seattle in late March, all 730 miles in varying degrees of downpour, straight up I-5.

But on a Moto Guzzi Sport 1100, a fully committed sport bike only *slightly* more comfy than a Ducati 916. This one:

1995 Sport1100.jpg

I wore a one-piece rainsuit that slipped over my Daineses, didn't get wet, but, one of my mates just wore two-piece leathers, and the other a leather jacket and jeans. They were full-submerged, drenched-wet, within 20 miles.

As we were so intently focused on getting home, we blew right by a parked stater--and I mean lane adjacent to him--going around 90, and didn't see him until he was, oh, 50 feet ahead. He tore after us, we slinked over to the right and slowed down. He drove up next to us having realized the misery of it, saw that as punishment enough, shook his finger at us, and was off.

Great fun. Really!

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    I have done Key West to Orlando (391 miles) and back / vice versa a few times on my 07 VFR800. It wasn't so bad, even with a -1 up front sprocket kit. It would be a breeze today, with my current +1 up front sprocket kit, but I would probably be arrested, it just cruises at +100 so easily now lol. The longest nonstop trip I did was picking up my friends 07 CBR600 for him, 419 miles from Tampa to Key West. The high speed run from Tampa to Key Largo was cake, but Key Largo to Key West was torture, with 45mph speed limits and traffic. With no wind to take the pressure off of your wrists and back, I had to pull over and walk it off every 30 minutes or so, through the Keys.

10. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    I've done Colorado Springs to St. Louis in a day.

11. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Was that Carl Rader's old Guzzi?

12. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Wal*Mart and back three times in a single day. I owe it all to Heli-bars and a Rich's seat. I did make a stop at Oregon Oyster Farms for a pint of shucked ostiones.

13. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    Nope, I built it; bought it new in late '94. Lotsa powdercoating, Raceco stuff + carbs, Lindemann suspension, Braking rotors, Staintune full system. I do not recall it was functionally significantly improved when done. But it looked like a million bucks-

14. Aimbot9000

Aimbot9000 New Member

United States
    Map
    I wish I had an 8th gen but on my 5th I've done 1500 miles in 25 hours. Something i"ll never do again @_@

15. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    In August, 1986, my best friend and I rode from Cody Wyoming to Escanaba Michigan in one day. All on two lane roads, no highways.

We unloaded our gear at a state campground, then crawled back on the bikes to ride down the road just a few more miles, in order to finish a 1000 mile day.

The last hour before reaching the campground was torture. I was very sleep deprived, and kept nodding off.

The bike was a 1984 VF 700S Sabre, with the Honda accessory full fairing.

16. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    That could be a hundred yards to the corner shop as far as my geography goes any chance of a distance please.

17. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    He completed a 1000-mile day.

18. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    OK alrighty. I got a chuckle out of that one.

Yes I have done at least two 1000 mile days (24 hours) one verified with IBA and one just knowing I did it. Both were coming or going to R3. The first one was on a stock seat if I recall too. Those were long rides and I was happy to be home and resting afterwards for sure. The first one just happened. I left Atascadero with intentions of stopping in Medford, then possibly Olympia Wa and onward to home. But got to those locations and just didn't feel like stoppingbooking a room so had a nap on the bike a couple times on an off or on ramp and continued on my way arriving home within the 24 hour mark. I don't remember if those were actually the intended stops as it was a while ago but do you really care?

19. amoreira88

amoreira88 New Member

United States
    Map
    How often are you guys filling up. Every 250 miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I think 500 miles in a day is pushing it on a VFR. I've done over 1000 before on a BMW F800GS, and it was not all fun and games and that bike is more comfortable than the VFR IMO. Granted I haven't ridden the new ones, but I venture the position is pretty close.