De link.....

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, Apr 20, 2017.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Boy is this a sharp set up. SMH at Honda, The VFR again should have come in to option versions, one more sport, the other like it is. Should have been like this from the start. Any way for the most part I have the front done. Check out that bling from Mello-Dude Very nice. to bad one won't be able to see it once the fender is on. Now waiting on brake lines.

[​IMG]

Now while waiting on those lines, I got the new exhaust gaskets in place ready for the 2Bro attachment.

[​IMG]

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry, for us clueless peeps--- what the heck is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
    Looking very good there. I would have bought some of MD's adapters when I de-linked but he wasn't planning on making more at the time, so I made do with my own artisanal handiwork:

[​IMG]

Did you pack the caliper off the fork leg to keep the caliper centred on the disc? 2 x 1.5mm washers superglued to the fork leg worked well for me. I also re-purposed some of the many hose clamps from the linked system to hold the hoses at the back of the fork leg and on the front of the lower triple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yep Terry, looks to be 100 thousands here, whats that 2.5mm I'll have to check the center alignment with the pads being in the middle, first look was just guess at what looked to be centered. Thanks for the asking. I knew there was some mini spacers there, just didn't have an idea how thick until I got it mic. Have it to take some aluminum rod the right diameter and turn em off on the lathe. Yea Mello has some nice bling. I have it planned to also use some of those rubber center brake line holders might as well I have a few huh ;) Yours looks good. Way cleaner than the snake nest thats was there, and it will be a breeze bleeding, win win here. Not to mention from what Ive read they stop the VFR better too. Awe triple win.

5. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
    I'm not sure that the alignment has to be dead-on, as the hydraulics will be self-centering to an extent. Just seemed like a good idea to get it more or less right, and from my own (admittedly crude) measurement, 3.0mm was about right. I used stainless steel washers and glue, as they are right little sods to keep in place when refitting the calipers otherwise.

6. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Fender brackets-- ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    When I pulled my original exhaust port gaskets off, I found that when flattened by the exhaust flanges, they protruded a few mm's into the exhaust port. You could see this visually with the carbon build up on them. This probably isn't an issue on the smaller oem and eBay headers, but might hinder flow into the bigger Two Brothers Headers. I found that if you took your time during install, you can get a perfect seal at the cylinder head, without the copper crush rings. It took a few tries though. It just didn't make since to me, to have 32mm inner diameter gaskets in front of a 35mm inner diameter header primaries. You don't have to do it, but its worth looking into.

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I thought about that and you're right they do protrude just a bit, so went looking for cooper flat washers with no luck. Not so sure about running with out them, though I get what you're saying. we'll see how they fit, the fronts are a bit tight in I need to spread the #4 #2 header tubes apart. to get em there. Rears are a snap, why I'm thinking the front primary's should also be separate.

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah the front primaries being fixed is definitely something that could be improved upon, with the next system you are having built. If you have ever seen the Two Brother's twin header, the "Erion Racing" header, it is basically the same system, but with slip fittings on both the front and rear primaries. That would ease installation and internal stresses a bunch. As far as the gaskets go, you could maybe just carefully dremel out the part of the original washers that has soot on them, try to run with out or just install new ones and not worry about the slight protrusion, but it is worth giving it a shot.

10. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Well H, if you can't find what you want...make em. part of the de link is fitting new calipers, in that most need to be shimmed into place. thought maybe I'd find what I was looking for, nope, so made em, Perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]