Decals for the 2014-2017 VFR 800

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I have 2 A.P high school kids in the advanced graphic design class that work for me at my restaurant. They stated that they need projects. I asked them to focus on the lower cowl of the 2014 for some vinyl stickers for the bike. I showed them the tags on previous models and asked them to make a take on one that would work for our bike. They will do this for me for free other than $2.00 a yard for the vinyl stickers! They need money to pay for the equipment and can do up to three colors overlapped. They also make some money if they can get a real world order. They can make anything that we want on any area given the dimensions. Anyone in for design, logo, or do I wait to see what these two come up with. VFR is not patented as a logo but is for the engine Let me know and I will as well on these kids efforts.

2. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Could be interesting to see what they come up with.

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    "VFR" may not be patented. It may be copyrighted.

Gotta assume by paying for the equipment you mean having a sign shop do the actual work.

If these kids are in an "advanced" graphic design class, the instructor would seem be the most logical person to provide guidance. In the scenario provided withoot samples or some form of previous work placing any sort of order for any amount of pesos would be like Richard Hill who in 1530 and for a change wasn't an old Chinese guy said, "When ye proffer the pigge open the poke."

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I cant seem to find any copyright on VFR, Now using VFR800F maybe. Many sites use VFR like VFR maps. Paying for the equipment was a miss write. Paying for the material and giving them a project that produces some revenue for these kids in this field in a real life scenario would be cool. Obviously samples are needed even by me for my personal use BB. Nothing seeds creativity like cash.

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Hell, I just took this picture of the 2014 off the net and did a really primitive effort with paint for my own taste and I am thinking about just having them make me these. Obviously more professional and precise. Maybe even adding a white VFR on the tank stickers. I'm sure they will do them for cheap than any grahics shop!

ink.jpg

6. Badbilly

United States
    Right, nothin like a couple of highschool dudes with some rattlecans!

7. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    Hi Bubba,

I'd be interested in some black vinyl for the center frame sections as on the 2017:

download.jpg

Let me know if that's possible....

Thanks!

8. Badbilly

United States
    Sign shops will sometimes sell various vinyls uncut..Certainly a viable approach. Paint is another. Lots of masking, reassembly and very little painting. I used a two component automotive grade paint on my 1991's exposed frame areas. No problems.

9. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Well, a simple little start to my thoughts. I know that Gatorgregg spent $80? for the factory Euro emblem. This by all means does not look OEM but I kinda like it. I would center it a little better on the next run but for $3? What do you think? Maybe I place it up front below the windshield and above the head light!?

Attached Files:

10. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Looks good Bubba - I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the whole bike from the side with them. That's probably the best location - I spent some time experimenting with other spots for mine and I ended up settling on the same location as you.

11. Badbilly

United States
    IMO, it's great that you dudes have different color bikes. It keeps the mistaken identity down to a minimum.

12. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Bubba ... That gold would really pop on a black bike, looks a little lost on red IMHO

13. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    LMAO. Come on Billy! I knew that if I referenced gator you would bite!;-) Ouch! I have decided not to use the decals in the same area as gator and not at all. I will keep the bike as is until I can have something produced by a professional. I just wanted to give the kids a chance. Per you, you give a job to an amateur and the results are poor at best. It did give them a project that they were graded on though. I did stick the larger versions on my cars back side windows. I thought that I would represent while being a cager!

14. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    But like my repost to billy I have changed my mind. I do appreciate the feedback. Ride safe. Take Care.

15. Badbilly

United States
    My motivation was strictly altruistic. A preventive measure given freely to differentiate a nice guy from a proctologists dream. I harbor no ill will as to color or crud.