Question about Hi/Lo beam lights that are not.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by kangarabbit, May 6, 2017.

1. kangarabbit

kangarabbit New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hi Guys and Girls, Today as I was going through my preRide check I noticed I had a head light out right side. So I replaced the bulb and all works again except during the process I have noticed that when the lights are turned to high beam the 2 small lights come on but the hi/lo main lights stay on lo as in the high filament dose not light up. Is this normal for a 2007 vfr800? thank you in advance. Cheers Cameron.

2. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, that is completely normal for the 6th gen. There aren't that many "low beam only" single filament bulb options, so Honda just used a standard 2 filament bulb, even though they knew it would only be using the low filament. I always found that setup to provide great light output on the road at night.

3. kangarabbit

kangarabbit New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hi again, I have a follow up question. I ended up replacing the low beam lights with a set of Nighteye led. In the fog the other morning I noticed that the lights were pointing up towards the tree tops. So I went to google to find out how to adjust them. So i have wound the adjuster on the bottom of the light as far as it gos which brought the low beams down a small amount but the hi beams now point at the road about 6 feet in front of the bike and the low beams are still to high. So my question is how on earth do I adjust the lights so both sets point in the right place?

4. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Have you seated the bulbs properly? A simple task but a lot of folk still don't check.

Clockwise moves light up, anti clockwise moves beam down

5. kangarabbit

kangarabbit New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hi, Went and rechecked and the lights seem to be seated correctly. I can live with where the low beams are pointing its the hi beams pointing at the ground 6 feet in front of the bike that I don't like. Its almost like they have the lights around the wrong way. As in the hi beam lights should be the ones on all the time and the big low beams should be the hi beams. Thank you for your reply.

6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    It's cuz you're south of the equator ! :distracted: