any suggestion (please)

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jetts_lm, Oct 25, 2006.

1. jetts_lm

jetts_lm New Member

Map
    I have a 1983 Honda Interceptor 750 v-twin and Im trying to fined a up-to-date exhaust system, now the question is, could i custom any pipes to to fit my ride or do i have to stay with my F-1's, I rather have newer pipes.

Im trying to to as much work to my ride as much a possible and do some customer work, the bike has been restored to what i wanted it to be and im satisfied except the exhaust i need something with more a curve instead of strieght pipe along the side.

Thank you
    Jetts_lm

2. SportriderBryan

SportriderBryan New Member

Are you sure you don't have a V4? Either way just build the m yourself or have someone else do them for you. I have a set of Vance and Hines on my 1984 VF700F and there great. If you could find them I think you'd like them.

Take a look at this pic and look through the others. It'll give you a idea of what they look like. Mine have been cleaned up since the pic and I wrapped the pipes to clean them up but they have a great (loud) sound and look great (now).
    http://vfrworld.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/2489/cat/572

3. jetts_lm

jetts_lm New Member

Map
    not sure exact but will find out

I bought the bike back in may of 2006 and i did find out what model it was well i hope,
    Im faily new at this so bare with me, its a 1983 Honda V45 Interceptor vfr750, thats what my sister husband said it was he's the one i bought it off of, my ride is in a garage 45min away im going to look at the s/n and info on the frame,, but there is Yoshimura ( RS-5 pipes that i like but its for the Honda cbr1000rr) do you think that i could custom fit them

Thank you

4. SportriderBryan

SportriderBryan New Member

Well It is a V4 then that's what the VF part of VF750F means. You can always MAKE them work but it may take a lot of work. See what you can find in the Vance and Hines or Kerker or F1s.