Anyone update from a FZ-07?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by hachirokutoy, May 9, 2017.

1. hachirokutoy

hachirokutoy New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi all,

As mentioned in my introduction, I'm a previous VFR800 6th Gen owner and potentially looking to get the 8th Generation model. I currently own a Yamaha FZ-07. Like the VFR, the FZ-07 has a lot of practicality both in riding and maintenance. Good MPG, very flickable, upright riding position, good looking wheels, and good engine. Browsing in Craigslist though, I saw a 2014 VFR800. It immediately caught my attention and recalled the days when I had my VFR.

I love the looks of the new model in the White Pearl color, the sound of the engine and one of my favorite things is the Single sided swing arm and center stand which makes maintaining the chain a breeze. Handling is great once you get moving, but it's not a light bike.

Since I can only own one bike at the moment, I would try to sell my FZ-07 and see if I can acquire the new VFR.

Wanted to know if anyone has any experience owning the FZ-07 prior to obtaining a VFR800, or if anyone owns both, and letting me know the actual pros and cons of the VFR when compared to the FZ-07.

If no one has any experience, any input would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Adrnln1

Adrnln1 New Member

I had an FZ09 and sold it last fall and just bought a new 2014 VRF800. The FZ09 wasn't my cup of tea and I had several VFRs over the years. To me it's still the best all around sport bike