Guhl Reflash Emissions Testing Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by VinnyRed, May 15, 2017.

1. VinnyRed

VinnyRed New Member

Canada
    Map
    I know this is a very specific topic, I apologize and hope someone here can help!

I am going to be moving to Ottawa in a couple of weeks from St. Louis MO USA. I see that since I am importing my motorcycle, they are requiring an "emissions" inspection within 45 days to register my vehicle. I know here in St. Louis we had to have emissions inspections and they would literally drive your car on a (for lack of better term) dyno and run your car through a bunch of speeds with a sniffer collecting your exhaust gasses. Now they just use the OBDII scanner to check engine codes... I do not have any check engine codes but I DID have Guhl reflash my computer.

WIll I pass? I have not changed my slip on or any other part of my exhaust yet so it will look normal to the eye. I just cannot find any info online about how emissions are tested in Ontario for motorcycles. (I did find how they check cars and motorcycles are exempt) My motorcycle is not exempt because it was imported apparently.

If anyone has any info... Please let me know! Thank you so much!

2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    You still have all your emissions hardware, so you'd probably​ be okay. Only one way to find out right? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. VinnyRed

VinnyRed New Member

Canada
    Map
    I do not have a choice either way! Thank you for the reply!

4. jerritt

jerritt New Member

Canada
    Map
    I live in Toronto Ontario and bought my bike from a friend in Connecticut, I was required to do a safety inspection but I didn't have to do an emissions test

5. iafs

iafs New Member

Canada
    I just imported my 6th Gen from US to Canada at the beginning of 2017. No emission test was required, only safety. Never heard of an emission test done on bikes in Ontario. Also sold my other road bike a couple of weeks ago, same deal - only safety and no emission test.