Nw 200

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Kquacker, May 15, 2017.

1. Kquacker

Kquacker New Member

Ireland
    Map
  2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Video was removed. Got another link?

3. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    This might work, but not for long it's BBC copyright as soon as they find out it'll be down

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgaJbf5C_c

Drew mate, just found out they live streamed it worldwide, so presumably BBC Nothern Ireland (BBC NI) will do the same for the Ulster GP in which case I'll post up the link

If you can download the BBC on demand app it's on there, I've a feeling its geographical limited tho

It was excellent racing with a few surprises

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks John! I got to watch the first 10 min at lunch. The TT seems calm compared to this madness. lol 4 wide on 1 wheel over a cresting left hander..... just nuts! I see a lot of the usual suspects from the TT, Hutch, Dunlop, ole Amstey. Allister Seeley has won 17?! The start is crazy, not the 1 at a time TT start. I saw Guy Martin in the second wave, I thought Honda was not going to allow the bike to race.

5. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Guy Martin was in the 2nd wave on the 600, he didn't qualify for the first 20 places, which speaks volumes

Alastair Seeley is the master at the NW, took the first Superstock race record and then did 2 more laps at the same speed

Not very good news for Michael Dunlop tho, the Suzuki brakes failing

Primrose Hill looks quite different in the race coverage compared to the onboard lap, not surprised John McGuiness hurt himself so badly, it's the 2nd corner, the sweeping left hander

McGuiness said the throttle jammed open, Honda have inspected the bike and found nothing wrong ..er yeah sure

They've also admitted JMs off at Castle Combe was a fault on the bike, bearing in mind this is using stock Honda electrics I sure wouldn't want to own a new Fireblade

Honda have confirmed that Guy Martin will compete in the TT, they offered a ride to Cameron Donald, who wasn't interested ...

Drew the racing gets better on the Saturday, there's some short circuit pushing and shoving like Moto 3, heart stopping moments particularly when Johnston gets pushed off

6. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Bruce Anstey was thrown off his 2017 Fireblade due to electrical problems, so that's the top Honda road racers both down due the new bikes electrics

The only person who's got a podium (3rd) was O'Halloran in the BSB and he had that thing snaking like an old KH500

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Bruce is getting to old to take dirt baths! Crap.