Aftermarket Exhaust with Deluxe Center Stand

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Ohlias, May 15, 2017.

1. Ohlias

Ohlias New Member

Canada
    Hi guys & gals

For those of you with aftermarket exhausts AND a deluxe model or retro fitted center stand:

Di you have any issues with the stand hitting the exhaust? I just removed the OEM can in preparation for the arrival of my new Arrow Race-Tech exhaust and noticed that the stand now hits the swing arm, chain and exhaust. The OEM exhaust had a rubber grommet on the underside to prevent this and I am wondering if the aftermarket Arrow (or any other company) will have this too?

Anybody been through this?

2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    I can't speak for the Arrow but the connector/link pipe that comes with the Delkevic exhaust has a rubber stop on the bottom for the center stand to rest against when not in use. You can see it in this pic. I would assume all the other major brands have something similar.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    My bike came with a shorty Delkevic and it had a rubber bumper on it but since I didn't get the stock exhaust can/pipe with the purchase, I don't know if the part I have is OEM, Delkevic, or from something/somewhere else. I recently switched to a used Yoshimura (thanks NodakVFR) but it didn't come with a bumper. I called Yoshimura R&D but they told me that I was supposed to remove the stock bumper and put it on the Yosh. So when I took the bumper off and put it on the Yosh, I discovered that the fit was rather loose/sloppy on the Yosh (and it wasn't super tight on the Delkevic either). I measured the rubber bumper mounting hole on the Yosh (1/2" diameter) and ordered some rubber bumpers from ebay with that diameter for the "plug" part that I thought were pretty close in size - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Four...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Turns out they are smaller than the part I already had.
    [​IMG]

Left is the one that came with the bike (does that look like OEM to you guys?) and right is the one from ebay. Left measures about 1 1/8" in diameter and just a tad under 1/2" thick (not including the "post"). Right measures 1" in diameter and about 5/16" thick (not including the "post"). The ebay one actually snaps in tighter (the top of the "post" on the left bumper isn't full round, it looks cropped on opposite sides).

I think if I had to do it over, I might go with something like this and attach it more securely with a little hardware:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261434913364?rmvSB=true

4. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Both my Delkevic and my DAM came with the bracket and rubber bumper in place for the center stand. When I was researching which exhaust to get, I don't recall coming across any brand that didn't have a bumper for the center stand.

5. Mountainslide

Mountainslide New Member

United States
    TBR Exhaust utilizes the OEM bumper, you just pull if from the stock exhaust and pop it in to their midpipe. You can see it here.
    IMG_4524.jpg

6. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    I think the one on the left is probably the one that came with your old Delk, mine also fits a bit loose. Here's a pic of the rubber stopper from the OEM exhaust, it fits snug. I have the exhaust boxed up on a shelf in the garage and when I pulled it down to take this pic I couldn't believe how heavy it was LOL. So glad to have cut all that dead weight!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    No issue with my Race-Tech... Stand stop.jpg