A V4 for the sportie in us..

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, May 15, 2017.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
  2. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Ohman, that's what I've been waiting for Honda to make since GP racing went 4 stroke!

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What's kicking me in the arse is the sticker price, for the RR version its $16,9, the factory $22,9 that to me is a lot of bike for the $$$$$$ and Honda does what?

4. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    If that was a Honda, I'd be calling in sick and trading in my VFR first thing tomorrow morning - yes, for the RF! lol

Disappointing that Honda chose to build a few unobtanium bikes (ie RC213V-S) instead of something like this...

5. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    All Honda did was build the bike that WON a recent comparo against this 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RF, as well as the latest offerings from Ducati, BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki :beguiled:

[video=youtube;SJFszDt8ouo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJFszDt8ouo&t=268s[/video]

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    As nice as this video is, that Honda doesn't have that marvelous v4 engine.

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    You are obviously not watching racing or talking to people that are tracking or racing the new Honda. It is a TURD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure it can preform well but not for long. SO MANY DNF's and now crashes like John McGunnis who just had a very nasty crash. Honda has even pulled the bike from his teammate because of mechanicals. Nicky's bike had another DNF in WSBK last week. Read up Greg, it is proving to be a big swing and a miss. Honda just does not care to compete in the super bike market at the moment.

Travis McFlynn likes this.
  8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I want a Tuono! Put a big wind screen on and some bags.......... Wow what a sport touring machine. Its just a lot more expensive than a VFR. But a LOT more power and a LOT lighter.

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I know a few guys tracking the RSV4, not this years but a 15 & 16. Awesome bikes. I'm still hustling my 06 CBR1000rr around the track. She does not have all the electronics of today but does have a full Ohlins suspension, full ti exhaust, geared, and runs great. Old school blipping for me. I may cry when I toss it down the track (last toss was not so bad, a 2nd gear low side) but not nearly as much as I would a new RSV4. lol

10. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Minigator is protecting his turf withoot any evidence other than forking over some pesos for a VFR. Some credit should be given him for racing. In the last Subdivision GP he whupped ass on a soccer mom and drafted a Harley.

11. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    I give up - you guys are right - Honda sucks and I'm gonna go trade in my turd ASAP for an Aprilia or a Ducati.

Not! :glee:

12. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    lol, I have no problem people loving Honda, hell I own 3 at the moment. But the new CBR........ Honda is just not in the game. Marketing is still doing their job, R&D.. not so much. Resting on their laurels for a long time. The 08 was the last real change and the years of oil burning from them and following years has left them by the way side. The oil burners did still run well but Honda really would not address the problem for a long time and a lot of people were really pissed off. Go to any CBR forum on the planet and there are 1000's of threads of pissed off people with at the time new bikes and no Honda support. They did quietly start replacing rings but you had to raise hell. Some guys (I know 2) got whole new motors.

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map

No one said the VFR is a turd. Just heavy and under powered compared to others. Its a great machine and I love mine, especially for the price. Could Honda have improved on it? OH HELL YEAH! But they have not. Ape, Kawi, Yamadog, Duc etc all have upped their game.
    The new African Twin seems to be nice.

14. Badbilly

United States
    If minigator changes his mind and will be dumping his VFR, I may be interested at the right price. Hopefully it will come with the seat cleaned and sanitized.

My opening offer is 249 pesos and 99 centavos.

15. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    should throw in a bottle of Mezcal too :drinkers: just for good measure. Dats all I got to say, I remember those they had clutch basket recalls on the CBR1000s too.

16. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Sat on the Africa twin today, just a few minutes ago, tried to get it out for a demo, but it wasn't serviced. Man are they one tall machine. Any one under a 34 inseam will have fun getting on board.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  17. Badbilly

United States
  18. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I spent 28 mins looking at the review of these "Superbikes?" out of curiosity, and then I get back to the comments of us. "Holy Sheep Shit", I had to go out to the garage and look at her for a few minutes just to say I was sorry for all of the banter that she was raised a Honda and some of her heritage had issues! I told her she was not "Fat" just big boned and had a heart of GOLD. I reminded her that we took of some weight with the can. We painted her fingernails (aka wheel stickers) I also stated that she was different than those "Superbike" models and she is fine just they was she is! That I found her favorite drink close to us (True Gas) and ordered a new dress for her (new graphics with VFR and a "simple short black dress" for the lower cowl) :couple_inlove: Unless I can find a quick shifter, Powder coat her wheels, and tell her that she has a "bony butt" seat that I don't like riding on. I am a eye and butt man! But, those discussions will come after the holiday riding season so I don't find myself in the middle of the desert with her having a tantrum and not start. :chaingun:

19. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I think somebody needs a shrink, that sounds like a cry for help to me.

20. Badbilly

United States
    Anthropormorphic attachment to non living objects as well as personification is quite normal and has historical roots that run deep. When ya get down to the "beloved" stuff or some of the attachments that harleydoods have for their bikes, then that is where the weird get going.

A poetic interlude:

I love my Harley-Davidson
    I love it like my life
    I even love it better than I even love my wife.
    I love to lubricate it
    And grease it down real good
    I really want to fuck it
    I really wish I could