Hi guys, got a question

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Superfour, May 15, 2017.

1. Superfour

Superfour New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hello all. I pick up my '03 vtec in a few days time. My 3rd VFR, after having a FH and a FL back in the day. Been reading about the regulator and stator problems. How common are these faults. Is it every bike, or every so many miles? What would be the general guide on this. Also is there anything specific I should check to see all is okay or not. Never really had a bike that is questionable on the electrical reliability in 30+ years on a bike. The '03 is a 13500 mile, immaculate bike which I am really looking forward to riding, memories of younger days perhaps. Just a little concerned after reading the web. Can you put my mind to rest?

2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Buy the bike. Throw the factory rr in the trash. Buy an fh020 or sh847 kit from www.roadstercycle.com and install it and a voltage gauge. Cut out the original main fuse holder, throw in trash and install a marine rated fuse holder of the same amperage. Now your bike is bullet proof, well besides the cct replacements every 30-50k miles and the valve inspection/adjustment every 50-100k miles.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk