Software update

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by nikkon, May 15, 2017.

1. nikkon

nikkon New Member

Netherlands
    Map
    Hi guys,
    I know that honda releases from time to time ecu updates (specially for this model they solved issues in 2012 via updates)
    Does anyone knows how to track the new releases, if there are any ?
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    When I worked part time at a Honda car dealership, I know they regularly did software updates to optimize transmissions and the like. Sometimes the updates were part of a recall. I don't know how often Honda updates bikes, VFRW is pretty good about pointing out recalls and updates as owners report them.

3. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I've been a VFR owner and a regular on both VFRW and VFRD since 2010, and I've never heard of any sort of software update for any motorcycle...ever. The 2012 changes you refer to were not an update, but rather a model year change, that included changes to the ECU, fuel tank capacity and the addition of traction control. As far as I know, there is no such thing as software/firmware updates for existing Honda motorcycles.

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    With advent of all the onboard computers on motorcycles that some manufactures use more than others, here is a quote from Motorcyclist:

"In our comparison test that ran in the October issue of Motorcyclist ([see Trading Puncheshere][]), it was clear that the 2015 Ducati Multistrada S provided to us was not healthy, though we were able to establish that our particular bike was not an outlier. Private owners and other magazine testbikes had similar issues. [Ducati][] admitted that something was up and promised revised software for the bike’s many computers"

I just think we don't hear about them.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    With that color combo, we probably don't read aboot then either. Kind of like the fine print on a contract with one of those outfits that will find ya a nice Russian GF under 300lbs who collects PIN numbers as a hobby.

A firmware a/o software changeup may not exist. This should not be interpreted as not existing as general recalls for any bike Honda or not in any country.

Since some firmware/software has been changed up in cars, it follows that bikes again Honda or not could be subject to changeups.

6. nikkon

nikkon New Member

Netherlands
    Map
    Thx for the replies.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk