Pirelli Angel ST Opinions from Experienced Users

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by James Bond, May 16, 2017.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    For those with experience riding with the Pirelli Angel ST tires, how do you like them for both handling and longevity? I've never ridden a Pirelli motorcycle tire of any type.

Cycle gear has them on sale at very good pricing right now.

I've been running Bridgestones, but like all tires of this brand, they ride very harsh (hard) and I'm not going to continue with getting beaten up on my rides any longer.

Just looking for experienced opinions and thoughts on the Angel ST's. Thanks. DA ; )

2. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    I have run the ST on my 6th gen, and the GT on my 8th gen. Handling and feel were about the same, but the GT lasts a bit longer. The ST will only be harder to find in coming years (the GT replaced the ST). Other than short life (which is a problem I have with all tires) it's a good tire for the VFR.

3. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
    The word from those in the know (my best mate works for local m/c tyre importers), is that Pirelli Angel GT's are actually a Metzeler Z8 with Italian clothes. I checked and my GT is made in Germany, and Pirelli do own Metzeler so that passes the sniff test.

In a roundabout way, my opinion is that the GT is a much softer riding tyre than a Bridgestone. I had Z8's on my VTR, and replaced these with T30 Evos, and immediately noticed the harder ride.

If you want a really comfy tyre, try the Metzeler Roadtec 01's. Better still than a Z8/Angel GT. YMMV and all that.

4. Redcrow

Redcrow New Member

Australia
    I've had the angel and it was a good tyre.. compared to the Diablo it lasts a lot longer and is better on distance. was great in corners considering its a semi touring tyre. I'm currently running the Michelin pilot active on my old girl and they seem to be a good tyre and has a really good wear and were cheaper than both other tyres mentioned.

5. SML

SML New Member

Australia
    My next tyres will most likely be metzeler roadtec 01's.

6. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Guess I'll find out what the GT's are like soon as the Bstones wear out.

I got a set of GT's at the ST sale price since that's what they had. $99 for the front and $129 for the rear. ; )