Arrow Race-Tech Slip-on Exhaust for 2014 VFR800 DLX

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Ohlias, May 17, 2017.

1. Ohlias

Ohlias New Member

Canada
    Hello everyone

Finally got my exhaust in and installed. Ordered a titanium Arrow Race-Tech slip-on with carbon fibre tip. Install and fitment was super easy. Location for rubber stopper for those with the center stand is there (you need to reuse the OEM stopper). Once in place I knocked the baffle out to make it louder! :witless: Really like the sound. Deeper and throaty-ier at idle. A little rev/blip of the throttle at a light sounds mean. When accelerating from a stop you can really hear it pick up. Once you hit VTEC I find it doesn't really get as loud as I would have thought. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great but it's not as drastic in high revs that at low when comparing to OEM. Perhaps cause these so much more wind noise it's tough to tell...

I'd also say that if you ride really conservative, I don't see it causing any problems with the law...

I've attached a couple of picutres below that were taken in haste (i.e. by no means artistic). The bike is stock save for the exhaust, black eBay levers and a PowerBronze light tint airflow screen. Time to save up for tires... (next year).

FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

2. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    Looks great! Thank you for keeping me in the loop with your buying experience, before / after! I'll be placing my order soon as well....

3. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Ohlias, congrats! On the exhaust and the color of your bike! :) I chose to go smaller with the Delkevic mini, to have that great sound and expose that great wheel with the single swing arm as best I could with the 2014. I wish the exhaust still swept under the seat. But Oh well. It is funny to me that all of the manufacturers are making bigger and more supposed "Aggressive looking exhausts" that we all change out due to weight and sound! Super bike replicas, Sport tourer, Street Fighters etc. I think that Kawi started this trend that most Japanese bikes followed. Take care and Have fun with the new can!

4. 54lariat

54lariat New Member

United States
    Map
    That can looks good! I chose a Delkevic DS70 to show more of the rear wheel. I left the baffle in because it is plenty loud, and when the valves open at 7k it's very noticeable.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk