Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by hondaman219, May 20, 2017.

1. hondaman219

hondaman219 New Member

United States
    Map
    20170430_091713.jpg 20170430_091653.jpg 20170430_091603.jpg hello all I have been watching this forum for a bit now and decided to post my latest ride. After a long cold winter she is back on the road. I picked this bike up late last fall. I did a bunch of work over the winter like exhaust, fluids, tires, passenger peg delete, pair removal, etc, etc. Years ago I had a vf1000r. Nice bike but too heavy. Well let me know what you think. enjoy

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Welcome aboard!

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World! That is a nice ride! If I were to add another VFR to my stable, a white 3 Gen would be the one. Oh yeah, commas come in handy BTW, it took me a while to figure out what 'exhaust fluids tire passenger peg delete pair removal' meant. :wink:

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Me too. I was wondering if my company needed to add a new product to its inventory. Maybe display it on the shelf next to the blinker fluids, and high beam oil.

Welcome to the madness. That is a really nice looking ride you have. I have to admit though, I am loosing my white wheels when I do my brake overhaul. Still haven't decided on a colour. A shade of gold, maybe charcoal grey like the RWB or possibly back to its original clear coated aluminum.

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    thats why I did my seat cover in blue, but since the website is acting malfesiant I can't upload :homer:

6. hondaman219

hondaman219 New Member

United States
    Map
    sorry about the exhaust fluid but it goes much faster when you put synthetic fluid in there. I have decided that white is a horrible color unless you like cleaning. Still love the way the bike looks as long as I can keep it clean. I decided to customize it the way I wanted instead of keeping it stock. Love the high mount pipe and the cleaner looks of the tail. Removed some of the decals and install a few others. This is what it looked like when I took her home IMG_2113.jpg

7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    If the wheels didn't have such tight crevices in the spokes, it would not be too bad but it is a bitch getting all that brake dust out of those tight spots.

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Love this, Nice score yes, ,,,, welcome to the waacky world of VFR ownership. love em those white wheels, folks just need to get over the fact they get dirty, so what, clean em.. ain't that bad to show some love. Good job on the photos too,,,,, you're off to a great start.

9. hondaman219

hondaman219 New Member

United States
    Map
    Have been an rider for about 30 years now and think this is one of my favorite bikes. I get a lot of comments on this bike. Here in maine I can register it as an antique next year. almost 25 years old now and still looks modern. I do not think there are many of these bikes left on the road now. Less than 1000 sold in 93. mine is number 56. Body parts are hard to come by. Found the front fender in Italy. Took almost a year to find the oil cooler air guide. Had to paint it white. As long as I can keep it upright all is well. Its not the fastest or lightest bike I have had but the sounds it makes are worth it. Love the vfr's.