LED Flashing Brake lights

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by grabcon, May 20, 2017.

1. grabcon

grabcon New Member

United States
    Map
    So I took a gamble and bought two pairs of Flashing LED Brake lamps for the bikes, the VFR and the ST1300. Man what a difference for not too much money. The lamps are considerably longer than a standard bulb and on the 2008 VFR the bottom one was a really pain. I had to remove saddle bag mounts and pull the rear cowl back to get it in. But the results are very good. They are brighter than the standard bulb plus they flash three times before going solid. The ST was a 10 minute deal to do.

They are truly plug and play, no other equipment required. They do need to be in the correct orientation or they don't work. Make sure you test them before you reassemble. If they don't light up pull and flip them in the plug. Now we will see how long they last.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261970156780

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    IMG_0637.jpg
    Awesome, that's pretty cheap
    already have a strobe installed and just put these in.
    ORilleys has them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    By the sounds of things, you may have the same brake light modulator I have had on mine for several years now. I think I have had mine for about 9 years or so. Replaced the incandescent bulbs with LEDs a year later and they have been going strong since. There is also a device out there that will cause a extremely short flash before the lights come on that really attracts attention. I notice a lot of Fire vehicles are so equipped but I can't seem to find a source for that for my bike, to add to what I already have. Both are great for attracting other's attention I highly recommend both changes for anyone. When I see another bike with these added, they jump out at me.