Honda Carbon Fiber Fuel Lid Cover: 08P61-MFJ-100B

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by ridnout, May 21, 2017.

1. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Want to refinish & protect the 5th & 6th's gas tank lids. Have found some carbon fiber ones on eBay of course. Worried a bit about fitment. Still searching, I ran across 08P61-MFJ-100B COVER, FUEL LID. I have seen them in two versions. I would like to know if these will fit our bikes. Partzilla's fitment lists CBR 600 & 1000s. I'd wager we have the same filler cap but unsure, as I don't have a CBR of listed compatible years around for comparison.

$_1.JPG

Somewhere in my browser's history is a URL for this same part number shown in it's packaging with fully circular holes instead of those cut ones. I have even found the part number for HRC versions, but they are the variety with many pieces.

If the generics work well (the ones with the full circle cutouts), I'd go with those; as they are cheaper and look a bit better--enough Honda Wings on the bike as is. I probably would refinish the lid in black before applying the cover.

Anyone got any pics of the Honda branded or generic on one of our VFRs, 5th or 6th?

Thanks again!