FJ Mods

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Oakley_burn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Oakley_burn

Oakley_burn New Member

Hey all.

Been doing some research online etc and have come up with an idea for some mods to my FJ.

Excerpt from SC33: "I was asked by another member to maybe write something up about my tail swap so here it is:
    I bought a 93 VFr750 about two months ago. I got it pretty cheap because it had been laid down and needed some work. It was missing all of the front fairings and had the street fighter look, so I decided to stay with it. Iwanted to change the tail on it so that people wouldnt even recognize the bike when I pulled up at the shows. I went with a tail piece from a 03 CBr600RR. It fit pretty well when I pulled off the old one, but I had to do some chopping on the subframe. This include cutting the mounting points off from the old fairing, nothing to serious structually though. The fairing ran a little long, but the longer that I looked at it the better I liked it. Some people have told me that it needs to go up in the back but, with the seat cowl the Im making it should look pretty good.
    sc33"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a CBR600RR tail end piece. Anybody put anything else on theirs?

Also. I have confirmation the the '90-'97 single sided swingarm will go onto the fj, with just some spacers.

So this is my idea.

A tail end swap with whatever i can get to fit, single sided swingarm, front light cluster upgrade and some exhaust stuff.

Will keep you posted on the progress.