Aftermarket Body for 3rd & 4th gen

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by ianarm77, Feb 9, 2007.

1. ianarm77

ianarm77 New Member

Has anyone seen those pics posted by a member named Nilton on the other
    v4's photo page. He put some kind of aftermarket fairings on his third gen that look great. I just wanted to know if anyone knew any information about how he did this. I triedto contact him, but haven't heard back from him. If you haven't seen the picture you should check them out because that bike looks awesome. Let me know if anyone has any information about this bike.

Thanks!

2. veefer800canuck

veefer800canuck New Member

You mean these pics:

http://vfrworld.com/photos/member.php?uid=1675&protype=1

That's not just any aftermarket kit that you can run out and buy. Everything that was done to that bike was totally custom and one-off.

[​IMG]

General opinion is that it's (partially at least) CBR600 F4i bodywork, modded to fit and perhaps with R6 headlights? It also has a CBR 929/954 USD front end and custom underseat exhaust.

Anyhow, you'd have to be a plastic welding, bodyworking genius adept at hacking and fabricating all the necessary parts plus mounting brackets and then painting the whole works.

You could always hire somebody to do it, but you're probably looking at greater than the value of your bike to farm out the labour and parts.

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I love the look of that bike. I wish someone would make a kit like that, but it would still be out of my price range. :-(

4. sesand

sesand New Member

United States
    Yes, I would love to put that bodywork on my 97VFR. I'm wondering if it would be a huge hassle. One of the guys on the other VFR forum made some measurements and said they were almost spot on.
    I don't care so much about the exhaust/tail piece/forks, I just want to put the f4i bodywork/headlights on my 4th gen up front. Since I wrecked it and essentially trashed the front end with the back end in good shape, I'd rather do something "new and different" than just restore what was previously there.
    Let me know if anybody hears anything! And Nilton, if you're out there, please tell us what we're dying to hear!

5. SierraVFR

SierraVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Check with Thurn Motorsport in Germany. I put them on My 92 and it looks great. About $800 for the complete front end kit. My bike is on the Thurn webpage.
    Sierrra VFR Sunlit Copper paint.