Uh oh....2007 CBR600RR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Miketegra, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Well, I'm coming down with a serious illness, and it's called the 2007 CBR600RR. We are going to get a silver/white one very soon and I'm thinking really hard about buying it. It might mean I have to sell the VFR, but I'm going to try very hard to keep it. Insurance is only about $300 or so a year on the Viffer, but it would also make a nice down payment on the RR.
    Unless things, change, it's not looking like I'm going to be doing much touring for the next few years. Most of my riding is 2 hours or less and if I go to the mountains, I'm more likely to pile in the truck with the guys and gals and trailer the bikes up there. I love my VFR...don't get me wrong...and I know I'm going to give up that wonderful V4 and the ergos too. But that new 600RR is supposed to be just incredible in every whichy way. I'm looking for that light and flickable handling. It's supposed to have good mid-range from 7-8k and up....anyway, I'm anticipating some interesting replies :)

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    sounds cool to me. you have to do what moves you. I know you will miss the sound and the stability, too, but you will have no lack of aftermarket dress up goodies and such to play with. plus, I dunno bout your insurance, but mine actually would drop with the 600. my company bases the rate solely on the displacement.

3. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Oh man that's a tough call. I'd probably be crippled after my 60 minute commute to work on an RR.

They sure are fun though. Would be tough for me to give up the comfort and fun of the vfr.

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yea man those new 600Rrrs are Hot, so light they are. but as noted, be hard to pass on the comfort of the VFR especially mine, but I do know what you're saying, for me it's the 1098 ;)

5. Rouse

Rouse New Member

just put one on the showroom floor last night. and wow is it hot looking.
    sooooo light. simply amazing!
    i just got my 07 vfr a few months ago. wish i could afford them both.
    everybody needs to run out and have a look at one.
    pearl white and metallic silver! best color yet.

6. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Well, finanaces are straight, looks like insurance is going to be affordable. We are supposed to get ours on tuesday.
    I think the silver/white IS the color to get, although I would like to see a black one first. If it's a "glossy" black, I will pass since they get scratched up even before the leave the showroom.
    I have a couple of parties interested in my VFR, but I'm thinking really hard about keeping it.
    Oh...decisions, decisions....time to go ride the VFR :)

7. jjake

jjake New Member

I have a 2003 600rr and a 2002 vfr, the vfr is nice for the longer trips, but the 600, man theres no contest, once you ride one your hooked, I set the 600 up with soft rubber tires and take it out or to the mountains and ride, its sweet, hope you work it out to keep both , they both have there place

8. Def-E-nition

Def-E-nition New Member

South Africa
    Map
    mmmm Good day guys , Im sitting in the same boat - only - I have yet to EXPERIENCE a VFR , as I am in the process of buying one - trying to get my license before they hand over a Mint '06 model with 1100km on the clocks to a TRADER !!!

Could a few of you chip in and give me some moral Support ? I really have always wanted a Viffer as Long as I can possibly Remember , and the Cbr 600 is one MEAN machine ,but that seating Position.....oh man .... less than four fingers fit between my thigh and my elbow ....cramped is not the word . But that SPeed ,...... ouch ..

Repeat after me : Stuart , you will Love the VFR ...

9. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

Stuart , you will Love the VFR ...
    I have Two of em

10. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Stuart , you will Love the VFR ...

11. Def-E-nition

Def-E-nition New Member

South Africa
    Map
    well chaps - today I go fetch the bike of dreams .
    I'm pretty nervous , but I reckon you guys pushed me over the edge , and I said yes to the Vfr .

You have 2 of them ?? My word .... Then it Must be a good bike .

12. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Well, it's a done deal. I'm picking up the new 600RR from my shop either today or tomorrow. I've still not decided what to do with the VFR but it seems like everyone I know is wanting to buy it from me.
    Anyway, I'll be sure to post a few pics and comments on the new ride soon.....

13. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Picked up the new 600RR today, and my oh my, this thing is going to be FUN ! I'm already missing the VFR, even though I still have it, but I'm pretty much in love with the new bike already. I've been too busy breaking it in to take any pics, but I'll have some soon.
    First impressions of the 600RR - nible, agile, light, flicky, and very fast. I believe in a stern, yet not too hard of a break in. Taking it to 7500 rpm's this thing is already pretty fast....can't wait to take it to 15k.
    In an ideal world, I'd like to keep the viffer and put some real suspension on it, but I already have several people interested in buying it AND we have No used sportbikes at the shop, so I'm quite confident it would get snatched up quickly at an obscenely high price.
    So alas, I may no longer be a viffer owner soon, but I'll have another one for sure down the road. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a clean Gen 5 within a couple years.
    I think I'm going to ride the VFR tomorrow though :) heh

14. cgsportbike

cgsportbike New Member

Hey Def... did you get the new bike?

The only bad thing about owning a VFR is the "stupid grin" people always see on your face. They always assume you're into something you shouldn't be... but we all know better!

Happy riding!!!

Post some pics of the new ride!

15. Def-E-nition

Def-E-nition New Member

South Africa
    Map
    Well Incontradiction to That i fetched my 06 Vf Yesterday . So where does one stick ones h@rd-on away so you can drive Normally ??

Not a superbike ,Much more comfortable , but I can already Feel that im sort of used to the power . What an enjoyable cruising bike . Damn , I hadn't ridden in ten years - got on , and it was as easy as Pie .

Heaven

16. cgsportbike

cgsportbike New Member

A PowerCommander and tuned exhaust will awaken things and bring the VFR at least a little closer to RR standards. Of course, it will never be a superbike, but then again, it doesn't feel like one either! And after 400 miles in a day... my body thinks that is just fine!

17. jb5371

jb5371 New Member

Best thing about the VFR is you wont see one at every stop light unlike most Japanese sportbikes!!!

18. jb5371

jb5371 New Member

New CBR600RR is VERY IMPRESSIVE but at almost $1000. more than the other 600s, it better be far superior to the others. I LOVE Honda, but $9500. is pretty expensive for a 600!!! $2K more will get me the CBR1000RR Repsol Replica I want beside my VFR.

19. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

Well, I agree that $9500 is pretty steep for a 600. However, since I work at a dealership, I got a REALLY good price on it.....way less than MSRP including a 5 year warranty, so it was well worth it to me. Note that the R6 is fetching $9399, the Kawi is $9000 and the Gixxer is $8900. So, yes, the CBR is more expensive, but I think the shootout results will proove the CBR to be the superior machine.

I really wish my CBR and my VFR would get together and have some babies....THAT would be an awesome bike ;)

20. alter ego

alter ego New Member

Map
    I'm trading my CBR for a VFR this week. Its funny how that works. I love my CBR but it isn't comfortable enough to get to the really fun roads without having to trailer it. I never did a track day so for me the "trade off" in ultimate performance makes sense. If you can keep your VFR with the CBR you will get the best of both worlds..... You can't go wrong with that combo.