Alpinestars Gloves

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by KC-10 FE, Apr 9, 2007.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

No gloves I can find fit me better than AS so I am getting rid of all my old gloves to go to Alpinestars gloves exclusively. Currently most of my gloves ( I have 9 pairs) are from a German company called POLO. http://www.polo-motorrad.de/ I have 2 for REALLY cold (it simply does not get cold enough in NJ to wear them), 2 for not so cold & 2 for summer. I have a pair of JR Ballistic's that were given to me for free. They are of phenomenally low quality & I deem them to be too junky to wear on a bike so I use them for my snow shoveling gloves.

I wear the SMX6 (all textile) for temps above 60f/15c & I honestly can't tell I have them on.

I wear the SPS (all leather short cuff) from 40f/5c to 60F/15c. They are a much stouter glove so you know you have them on.

Shortly I will purchase the SR-3 & it will be my new wet glove :rain: & the WR-1 will be for under 40f/5c :smow:.

I had a pair of the SMX3 but I burned a hole in them helping pick a bike off a guy that crashed on the Dragon last year. The back of my hand touched the pipe & POOF, no more back of glove. Nylon & human hair stink when burned. I even have a little scar from this.

For all their gloves, I give an enthusiastic TWO THUMBS UP! :thumb:

Now for a question for everyone out there. Does anyone else have the problem with the gauntlet style gloves binding at the wrist when wearing them with a leather jacket? I would like to run a glove like the SP-2 but everytime I try to wear a gauntlet, it pinches & binds at the wrist.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: