Restoring my 1985 vf1000r.

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by dopes, Apr 9, 2007.

1. dopes

dopes New Member

Hello everyone. I have not been on vfrworld in awhile forgot my password and had to create a new screen name. I tried to have them email me my old password and never got and email. Thats another story. I just started to restore my 85 VFR1000. I am the third owner of the bike. I bought it already repainted a nasty green. I have already removed all the plastics and have primed them and should be ready for paint this friday. I have decided to paint it Jet Black. I have been trying to find an exhaust for it (is it possible to go to a single exhaust on the vfr or will I need to stay with the duals). I am also doing an oil change and plugs/air filter. I will have before and after pics coming soon. The bike has 15K original miles on it and has been a blast. This is my first bike, I figured that if I am going to do it, do it right the first time. If any of you have any ideas on what else I should do on it please feel free to pass it along.

Thanks and burn rubber not your soul.

2. Chris Fertitta

Chris Fertitta New Member

Yes 4 into 1 is possible. Mine has a holeshot header, however it needs to be replaced and I am having trouble finding a replacement also. If ya find one let me know and I will do the same. I am wondering if a VF1000F header would be compatible. I know some parts interchange, but some do not.

Later,

Fertitta

3. calypso

calypso New Member

hey i just picked a vf1000r and its pretty ruff but runs like a beast! I dont even know if i want to put n e pix on here lol!

4. 5891Jonathan

5891Jonathan New Member

Map
    This thread is worthless without . . .

PICS!