06 Vfr800

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by flyfisher54, Apr 17, 2007.

1. flyfisher54

flyfisher54 New Member

Thinking about buying an 06 VFR800.My only concern is will it be up to running with my buddies on their GSxR 1000 out on the hiway? My current ride
    a 1996 Gl1500 just wont cut it.

2. grinder

grinder New Member

It depends how long you are riding for and how good you and your buddies are. The GSXR is a way faster bike than the VFR if you know how to ride. In the tight stuff you shouldn't loose a lot of ground on a VFR but in higher speed stuff the GSXR will be much quicker. Having said that in real world riding it will come down to rider ability. The VFR is easy to ride, pretty damn quick and more comfortable than the GSXR. You can ride at pace for longer on the VFR without getting tired. Certainly a lot quicker than the GL1500. A very good all around bike but not really a hard edge race bike.

3. 0725thvfr

0725thvfr New Member

I have an 03 Gixxer 1000 and just bought an 06 ABS. I realize I will be giving up raw performance but the VFR is no slouch either. I wanted something different (V) and found a deal I couldnt pass up. Thought long & hard about a Tuono Factory but it's several thousand $'s more expensive. The Gixxer goes on the block in 2 weeks.

4. flyfisher54

flyfisher54 New Member

I bit the bullet and just put down my cash on a 06 VFR800.
    Cant wait to get it and put some miles on it.

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    congrats flyfisher and welcome to VFRWorld. I think you'll enjoy the new bike.

6. chesthing

chesthing New Member

It all comes down to rider once you get to a certain hp/wt ratio and decent chasis/suspension/brakes, which the VFR 800 has. Quarter mile and top speed times are completely meaningless on the street, rider skill is 80% of the equation.