Best Place to order tires from?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by ZonaMan, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I need to get a new set of tires fast and am curious to who you all have had good luck ordering tires online from. I have ordered from bikebandit.com before and they are quick and trustworthy, but pricey.

The best price I found for the tires I want(Conti Road Attacks) are from RideDirect.com. Have any of you ordered from this business before? They are like $40 cheaper than everywhere else with their free shipping.

2. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    I saw that, too, but once I realized that no one around town would install internet purchased tires I gave up on trying to save dough.

3. Spike

Spike New Member

I ran into something like that too when I last bought tires. I found the tires I wanted for cheap, but some company I had never heard of. What I did was call Denniskirk.com, who I have dealt with before. They have a deal where they will beat any price you can find by $1. They did so with the place I found and I bought the tires from them.

4. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    I haven't done ridedirect, but have done motorcycle accessory warehouse, solomotoparts, and charparral (sp?), and have had nothing but good luck.
    My most recent tires were from solomoto. Great order tracking, customer service and follow-up. Hell, they called about a month after I got my Metezlers just to see if I was liking them and the people know what they are talking about and don't just repeat the product decription again to you over the phone. They were running free shipping deal when I ordered to boot.

I've had no trouble finding places to mount tires bought elsewhere. Usually $20 to $30 per hoop when taking in the rims alone. The single sided swing arm usually puts you at a Honda dealer however.

Denniskirk does have a good selection of parts, but the prices up-front are not that good, and I think the price beating "call us last" policy is an underhanded piece of crap. I put my money down where the price is fair on the first call/quote. Not to beat on you Spike, it's just the way I'd like to be treated if I was the guy making a living on the other end of the line.

5. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I haven't had a problem with finding places to mount my tires....anywhere from $15 - 30 per wheel.

I'll check out those other suggested sites too.

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Try Dennis Kirk. I've been shopping with them for nearly 20 years. When I bought my Road Attacks, I found the cheapest place & contacted DK & they price matched it to the penny.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

7. Spike

Spike New Member

I am with you to a point, and if I found the cheapest price -- or near, with someone I had done business with in the past or knew of, I would have bought from them. Not taken their price to DK. But I found a place that was way below anyone else, but I hadn't heard of them before. Something about their website didn't instill confidence in me, didn't want to risk it. By using Dennis Kirk, I got the good price, with someone I had bought from in the past and knew I would get the product.
    This was also when the Avon Storm STs had just come out, and very few people had them at all.
    Local shop put them on for $20 per tire, they will match internet prices on tires too, and have really good prices up front, but they don't carry Avons anymore. I think they actually had the lowest or near lowest on the Bridgestones. Can't remember now, I think they were close enough that I wouldn't have cared. www.ema-usa.com Plus, I needed to pick up my sliders and my Ohlins I had orderd thru them..

8. VFRRyder

VFRRyder New Member

Map
    Southwest Moto Tires ( http://www.swmototires.com ) usually has very good prices and you get free shipping if you order 2 tires. And if you are near Tucson, AZ they mount for $20 per wheel.