South East Texas Riders

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by LMFIRE629, Jan 25, 2003.

1. LMFIRE629

LMFIRE629 New Member

Map
    Howdey all
    I was just wondering if anyone was around my parts of the country, I am just south of Houston.

2. vfrhugh

vfrhugh New Member

I live in Baytown and ride a couple of times a month into East Texas or the National Forest around Conroe. A buddy of mine and I usually ride 250 to 300 miles by the time we get back to Baytown. I'll post next time we are planning a SMR if you want to try to meet somewhere. ;D

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Live in Tomball. We ride often up north too. Drop me a line if you're interested sometime.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Howdy,

I am in Huntsville, about an hour north of Houston. I ride all over East and Central Texas. I ride a 2001 VFR and my wife rides a 98 VFR. Drop me a note if you want to ride on any given weekend.

Adios,
    Scott Friday
    sfriday.com
    BackroadMotorcycleTours.com

5. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

I forgot to mention something else. I have been compiling a list of all the VFR riders I can find in Texas. Ideally, in the near future, I would like to organize a VFR related event. Whether it be a simple day ride, a maintenance day, or a weekend trip. The guys up North get to do the COTU and WDGAH events and those are a long haul from here. If any of you would like to be added to my list of VFR owners, please drop me a note directly to my regular email and I will include you.

Adios,

6. texvfr

texvfr New Member

Scott,

I would be willing to help you develop a VFR ride for the south. I mentioned something along those lines a year or two ago on the VFR mailling list. The name that was suggested was "SWEAT" (SouthWest Eating Asphalt Tour). When I first proposed it I did not have the $$ to do anything (out of work IT person). Now I'm employed, but don't have the time (working 60-80 hrs a wk). I have had no experience creating such an event, nor had I ever been to one to know what to do.

I would like to alternate between riding north (Oklahoma/Arksansas) and south (Hill Country) between years so that I don't necessarily have to trek 5-6 hours to get to the twisties each time.

Please let me know what you think. I can be reached at tex_vfr@yahoo.com

7. LMFIRE629

LMFIRE629 New Member

Map
    Hey Scott...

Was wondering what part of the great state of Texas are you located?

8. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

Huntsville, Tx. About an hour North of Houston on I-45 and about 2-1/2 hours South of DFW on I-45.

Adios,