Anyone else talking RACING?! <--- of the motorcycle type

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by drewl, Jan 13, 2011.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Thought fer sure his rear tire wasn't going to last the way he was toasting it up threw turns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    If he can manage his tires a little better he can put it on the podium. Even the announcers were talking about his lighting up his rear on exits.

3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Maverick is showing great maturity for such a young rider. And surgical like precision. Rossi seemed happier for the kid than his 2nd place finish.

Alex Marquez high side was very scary, the bike flicked so violently in mid air it almost took off his head. In real time i thought he was really hurt. Big brother was pushing too hard and lost a potential win and now no points.

Good job by Cal too.
    Moto 3 was..... well the usual hornet nest of madness!

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Now can someone other than MM win in Austin?

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Right now the best candidate is MV...As far as Rossi being happy about MV's win, I think it is a combination of that and the fact that Whore-Gay is having a hard time on the Duc!

6. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    He had the hard rear on for a reason, and only slowed in the last couple laps when he gave up the chase for 4th. According to him in an interview I just read, he says he can manage the hard rear, smoking it all the way to the end!

If you watched him in Moto2 the last couple years, he was a master of tire management, and the more experience he gets on the M1 with the Michelin's, the more I think that'll be the case. Watch out for him as the season progresses...

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
  8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

9. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Since I'm about 6'2" tall, I will admit, I find the Panigale to be pretty dang comfortable. Now, I haven't ridden anywhere close to 500 miles​ on it, but the last test ride I did do on the 1299, was about 45 minutes and it was comfortable, even on the freeway.

10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    The last Duc I rode was a monster, It Stirred my inner hooligan for sure.

11. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    BSB this weekend and some hope for Honda

Honda Racing’s Jason O’Halloran is confident of showing a marked improvement with the new CBR1000RR Fireblade at Brands Hatch this weekend after a positive test at Mallory Park.
    The Louth-based squad faced a baptism of fire with the all-new machine at Donington Park, struggling to break into the top ten as they suffered issues with the new electronic throttle connection.
    In dire need of track time, they headed to their local circuit Cadwell Park for an afternoon test session last week, where the team continued to struggle and were significantly off the pace.
    However, a breakthrough since then has seen O’Halloran regain the feeling with his bike that saw him fighting at the front in 2016. After making some major changes back at Louth, the team took to the track at Mallory Park on Wednesday with both O’Halloran and Linfoot pleased with the progress made.
    "After the initial tests this year and the first round I think it's fair to say we have been frustrated, the team, myself and the new blade are capable of much more than two tenth place finishes,” O’Halloran confessed.
    “After Donington we went to Cadwell for a half day test, where I struggled again and that’s at a place I absolutely love riding. We knew we had to make some changes.
    “I won’t pin-point exactly what, but we made a big change in the direction we were heading and in a quick test at Mallory Park, we confirmed that was the correct thing to do. I felt comfortable on the bike again and really enjoyed riding it. BSB is never easy, it’s easy a competitive championship but I’m sure we will be back at the front and fighting where we should be this weekend. “*

However everyone else has been making changes, Haslam has a different engine set up and Byrne on the Ducati are back in action, in fact Byrne set the fastes time yesterday .... I'll keep posting updates

12. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Is this really the best track you have to offer?

After Laguna Seca it's like racing around LAX and slightly less exciting

13. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Why is it that it's a brand new bike, then they had to make major changes to it? Should have just stuck with what was working, aka, the "old" bike. I can't imagine how much money was dumped into the purchase of the new bike, then all the labor and parts thrown at it to bring it to the level of the previous bike...

SMH

14. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Laguna is small and slow compared to COTA.

John is BSB being broadcast on BeIn Tv? I can't find it here in the states. You get some great racing on the other side of the pond.

15. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    BSB is broadcast on Eurosport for free as is WSB and the Workd Endurance Races, which is coming from Le Mans today, plus they show bike racing from Oliver's Mount, etc .... Oh and some stuff from Oz

Live BSB & Endurance racing today ... spoilt for choice

Eurosport is meant for Brits but here's a link to the main page, in the menu there's an option to download the app and purchase a subscription which is about $35 but includes live streaming of their events

http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/promo...P2H8_Dk7BB-EoKp4S-94MhdLBDc35sDiXYaAiz98P8HAQ

Motors TV do some great bike racing too

Laguna Seca may be short and slow but it made for interesting racing and you could follow the track, not corners by numbers

16. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    It seems you need a UK VPN to access Eurosport in the USA

The Endurance racing was going flat out last night, 2 hrs in and things were taking shape, the works Honda team were 20 laps down after an electrical fault, the non EWC Honda private teams were running stock engines and still running well, although in the usual place down the field ..still 24 hrs is a long race

The end of the 2nd hour saw the 3rd BMW high side at the same corner as one of the others

Yamaha are running away with it

17. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Le Mans Endurance 24 hr FIM Results, the leading Yamahas were the other way around for most of the race but swapped places after the night time session

Finishing 19.8 seconds apart doesn't do justice to the rider on the last few laps, he brought the gap down from 38 in a few laps ....for the front guys it was flat out all the way, the circuit is only 1'40" a lap, the Yamahas were doing 1'37" in the last few laps ....new record number of laps

1. GMT94 - Yamaha (David Checa/Niccolo Canepa/Mike Di Meglio), Yam YZF-R1, Superbike (1st in class), Dunlop, 860 laps

2. YART - Yamaha (Broc Parkes/Martin Fritz/Kohta Nozane), Yam YZF-R1, Superbike (2nd in class), Bridgestone, -19.819 seconds

3. Team SRC Kawasaki (Mathieu Gines/Randy De Puniet/Fabien Foret), Kaw ZX-10R, Superbike (3rd in class), Pirelli, -12 laps

4. Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (Vincent Philippe/Etienne Masson/Alex Cudlin), Suz GSX-R1000, Superbike (4th in class), Dunlop, -12 laps, 44.678 seconds

5. F.C.C. TSR Honda (Gregg Black/Damian Cudlin/Arturo Tizon), Hon CBR1000RR, Superbike (5th in class), Bridgestone, -17 laps

6. Tati Team Beaujolais Racing (Julien Enjolras/Dylan Buisson/Kevin Denis), Kaw ZX-10R, Superstock (1st in class), Dunlop, -23 laps

7. MOTO AIN CRT (Hugo Clere/Alexis Masbou/Robin Mulhauser), Yam YZF-R1, Superstock (2nd in class), Dunlop, -26 laps

8. Maco Racing Team (Gregory Junod/Anthony Dos Santos/Marko Jerman), Yam YZF-R1, Superbike (6th in class), Dunlop, -29 laps

9. Yamaha Viltais Experience (Axel Maurin/Bastien Mackels/Florian Alt), Yam YZF-R1, Superstock (3rd in class), Michelin, -31 laps

10. AM Moto Racing Competition (Adrien Ganfornina/Alexandre Ayer/Romain Maitre), Kaw ZX-10R, Superstock (4th in class), Dunlop, -36 laps

11. Honda Endurance Racing (Julian Da Costa/Sebastien Gimbert/Freddy Foray), Hon CBR1000RR SP2, Superbike (7th in class), Dunlop, -38 laps

Congratulations to everyone who finished

18. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks John. Couple of big names in there. Is David Checa a brother of Carlos? (WSBK Ducati)

19. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Yes, his younger brother

Yamahas first win since 2009

The degree of concentration required to race around the same circuit in constantly changing conditions take a special mentality, the tyre changes and gassing up is something to behold, tyres changed at both ends in 6 seconds, then everyone stands back as the gas is put in, full tank in 5 seconds, the riders are poised to jump on ...very disciplined team work a lesson HRC should get the MotoGP teams to practice

Here's a promo Yamaha vid that shows the pit stop

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9I1tcB9_o[/video]

20. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

It's crazy when you look at the world record for a tire change pit stop in F1 is less than 2 seconds...of course they don't refuel anymore...so much more going on when pitting a motorcycle.