VFR Comfort?!?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Mstaples, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mstaples

Mstaples New Member

Can some of you guys tell me what it is like to travel on an Interceptor for any length of time? I now have a Yamaha R6 I am commuting through traffic on for an hour/half each way, and it is killing me. My arms are tired, my wrists are wrecked, my back hurts. The R6 is admittedly a race-track bike. It's very stiff. Feels every bump in the road. So I'm thinking about getting an Interceptor. In the photographs, the Intercpetor doesn't look a whole lot different than my R6. Not when compared to, say, a cruiser. The Interceptor I have in mind has heli bars. I've heard the VFR is a lot more comfortable. Any advice?

M

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Excellent,. in fact I was commenting to the wife that my bike is more comfortable than my sons accord that we put 320 miles on yesterday

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    This bike is made for all day.

4. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Dude - the vfr is a long distance sporty bike. A good rider can burn the twists with the best and then go multi days in the mountains, and at the end of the trip not have to visit the chiropractor. This is VFR forte. No way could the current crop of super sports do that.

Go for it!

MD

5. Michael D

Michael D New Member

No question that his is an all-day bike and therefore a great commuter. Rode it home 720 miles the day I bought it and had not taken a long-distance trip in years. Might not be a dedicated sport bike, but I bet 90% (or maybe more) of the riders out there would have a tough time taking it beyond its limits in sport mode.

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I have ridden my VFR back to back with a 2007 R6. The R6 was like a Honda Civic & the VFR is like a Sedan DeVille. The R6 is no where even remotely close to the VFR in terms of comfort. After the ride, the guy with the R6 called my bike the SUV of sport bikes.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

7. Mstaples

Mstaples New Member

Hey thanks, guys. I was hoping that was the case.

I'm looking at a pair of saddlebags like the one's on your yellow bike. Good price. Look good. How are they working out for you? Are they easy to get off and on?